Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-24-2010, 02:40 PM   #16
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritibelle View Post
Sorry about reviving this topic but I thought someone would want to know that it is indeed possible to read mobipocket books (without DRM) on your idevice.
You can use BookShelf (Link disabled by moderator]) and there's also a free app with reduced functionality BookShelf LT.
I reads epub, plucker, txt, html, palmdoc and mobipocket.
I went to try this out and see if it was a good app. It does not work and all the comments in the store dating back to July state that it does not work. I have therefore removed the link.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 AM   #17
ritibelle
ritibelle doesn't litterritibelle doesn't litterritibelle doesn't litter

Device: Reb1100, Reb1200, Ebw1150, Sony 505
What exactly doesn't work?
I'm not affiliated with them in any way, just curious, because I'm using BookShelf LT and I'm able to read mobi books with it without a problem.
ritibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #18
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmajluf View Post
I've been following every step and I always get the followwing message:
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file
You have to run the program when you are in the Python folder.

Say, you have a C:\Python26 folder
go to that folder (in command prompt) with CD C:\Python26
Then do the manual dedrm command.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #19
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
You have to run the program when you are in the Python folder.

Say, you have a C:\Python26 folder
go to that folder (in command prompt) with CD C:\Python26
Then do the manual dedrm command.
You can always add Python to your path, so that you can execute it from anywhere.

The PATH setting is under (for Windows XP and similar) Control Panel / Settings / Advanced / Environment Variables button. Probably the System version is the best to change. My PATH variable is set to: "C:\Python26\Scripts;C:\Python26\;C:\Perl\site\bin ;C:\Perl\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%S ystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\ESTsoft\ALZip\;C:\vim-4.6;\cygwin\bin;C:\putty;C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsP owerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\" for example. You can see that lots of program directories have been added so that I can run stuff from anywhere.

Just take the current setting, and add a semicolon, then C:\Python26, for example.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:50 AM   #20
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
Wrong, misleading answers.
The question was it possible to read mobipocket purchase with kindle app.
Can one? Not right away. Not directly.
Possible? Yes.
How?
1. Know your mobipocket pid.
2. Google for mobidedrm
3. You'll find out that once you can free your mobipocket ebooks, you can load it to your _jailbroken_ iPad with kindle app running in there.

Kindle app reads no-drm .mobi, .prc., regardless where you get them. Kindle app reads drm ebook (.azw) from amazon only.
But why go through all that trouble when stripping the DRM takes so little time or effort (and eliminates any potential roadblocks in the future)?
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #21
Tess89
Enthusiast
Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tess89 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Why go to the trouble? To be able to read a DRM-free book on any e-reader app one chooses to. Sure, it would be simpler to just strip the DRM, convert it to epub and load it into Stanza or iBooks but some people may strictly prefer the kindle app. They just have to decide whether or not its worth it to jailbreak their device. Once the Ipad is already jailbroken its ridiculously easy to store .mbp/.azw files into the kindle app folder by using ifile.

Last edited by Tess89; 10-18-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Tess89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:22 AM   #22
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
I agree. Just use a different app.

Only reason to load it into Kindle app is to sync it to an actual Kindle. However, you can't do that (which is a load of rubbish to be honest) so theres no point using it.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote