Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-20-2010, 03:40 PM   #1
nigel2671
nigel2671 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post emag brochure into ipad

Hi - i am new to all of this so please bare with me.

I have produced a (printed) brochure for a client and he wants to be able to view it via ipad as a ibook (imag) with flip pages etc. If i save the brochure as a PDF then convert it into a epub format in Calibre - will it then work in ipad as suggested above?

If not, what would be the best way to do this?

many thanks

Nigel2671
nigel2671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I'd suggest avoiding PDF as an intermediate step if at all possible. PDFs do not convert to ePub or any other flowable format with any grace. Use HTML if possible. The PDF format was designed for laying out printed pages, not for ebook readers.

Alternatively, have your client use GoodReader or some other PDF reader on the iPad.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Is this a book-like thing (where the text is what matters, and layout is a minor issue) or a brochure-like thing (where layout is key)?
If the latter, then keep it as PDF. iBooks can read both ePub and PDF.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
nigel2671

it is a brochure that is already designed that he wants to be able to read on ipad like a emag. is Calibre the correct way to proceed and will it be viewable with flip pages?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
nigel2671

if i use HTML will it then view like a emag with flip pages. He would prefer this rather than simply viewing static PDF pages?
Advert