Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Kindle Joke in MAD Magazine

A friend of mine showed me October 2009 issue of MAD Magazine that featured a cartoon on page 12 showing a man and woman talking with a dog knocked out on the floor -- stars rising from his head. There is a flat device in his hand as he turns to the woman and says, "I didn't have a rolled-up newspaper, so I swatted him with my Kindle."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
this would also qualify as a Michael Vick joke
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Shows what Mad Magazine knows...

Hitting the dog with the Kindle probably would've broken the Kindle.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
this would also qualify as a Michael Vick joke
In order to qualify as a Michael Vick joke, the dog has to be brutally strangled to death. Further, I doubt Michael Vick is literate, much less a big reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Shows what Mad Magazine knows...

Hitting the dog with the Kindle probably would've broken the Kindle.
Mine have held up damn well under some serious abuse. (Although I do not hit either the cats or the dogs with them, they have been dropped on stone floors more than once.)

So, shows what you know ....

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
What, Me Worry?
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
What, Me Worry?
As long as Michael Vick is not in your immediate area, you have nothing to worry about. However, if you see the dog-murdering bastard, run for your life!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Heh, I think he should be tossed naked in a ring with his hands tied behind his back and forced to fight pit bulls with his mouth... just as an experiment to see if he still finds it entertaining.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
Heh, I think he should be tossed naked in a ring with his hands tied behind his back and forced to fight pit bulls with his mouth... just as an experiment to see if he still finds it entertaining.
Sounds like a plan to me!!

I'm still pissed off that in his recent interview he said that he could understand how, from a certain perspective, people might think what he did was wrong.

Ummmm, now that sort of means that there must be a perspective that exists from which what he did isn't wrong. Must be the blood-thirsty killer perspective.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
haha. nice. the future of reading. kindles on the move.

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Alfred E. Neuman forever!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alfred.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	34404  
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:54 PM   #11
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
I doubt Michael Vick is literate, much less a big reader.
But...but...he went to college?!?
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I love it!! (although, if it were a Sony he owned, he wouldn't have dared try that... much sturdier, that sony, right? )

Actually, I recently had a Mad avatar on another board... a memento of my nostalgia from a younger day....

I wanted to attach it here, but I can't find it online, only on my computer now. so here's a similar one

GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
so i'm not the only one
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
A friend of mine showed me October 2009 issue of MAD Magazine that featured a cartoon on page 12 showing a man and woman talking with a dog knocked out on the floor -- stars rising from his head. There is a flat device in his hand as he turns to the woman and says, "I didn't have a rolled-up newspaper, so I swatted him with my Kindle."
October 2009? Does it have any sports results in it?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote