Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
Where does mobipocket store books on an SD card?

I have a palm treo 680. I think that mobireader on my palm can only see books either in the root directory of the SD card or in the PALM\Launcher directory of the palm. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Man, it'd be nice if at LEAST the directory could be named something nice like say "books" the way ereader does it. It'd be even nicer if some folder hierarchy could be used with ebooks. I prefer to archive my books with folders per author...
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Do you mean where will the ebook be placed automatically? Probably in a folder called ebooks.

If you are wondering where you could put them, anywhere on the card is fine. Mobi Reader should be able to find them.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
I've been doing some testing in the past few minutes:

If I "hotsync" the file to my palm it puts it in the PALM\Launcher directory.

If I put the SD card into a card reader and move it to say PALM\Launcher\books mobireader cannot see it on my palm. I also tried putting it in PALM\Books with my ereader books but mobireader didn't see it there either.

I think I'm stuck with all my books in the PALM\Launcher directory...mixed in with all the other files installed to my card.

That's pretty ugly.
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Create a top level folder on your storage card called eBooks and put them in there. You still have to put them there with a card reader, (they hotsync to Palm\Launcher) but MobiPocket will see them.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
On my Palm T|X my ebooks are put into the ebooks folder on my SD card. It was an option in either the Desktop version or my handheld. I sync using the MobiPocket Desktop and everything goes where it should go.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
notice the character case:
eBooks
big Bee!
mores is offline   Reply With Quote