Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #16
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I found the GR's emails I receive that alert me when authors I've read have new books available quite useful.

As a free site, I have no objection to them using data to earn revenue. And if the data is useful to authors, publishers and marketing companies, that's shows they are taking a more in-dept interest in readers.
Agreed. I like the service, and actually the ads that pop are frequently books that I actually would want to read and may not have discovered otherwise. It is a trade off & but in this case it is a very narrow scope of data that's collected so it's worth it. Go Goodreads!

Last edited by usuallee; 08-14-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: minor edit for clarity
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #17
NickyWithNook
Guru
NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickyWithNook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite (Don't use Nook anymore)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOxlittle View Post
9 million of the users are 14 year old girls who think Twilight is the best book ever.
This is my one complaint. There are way too many discussions about Twilight. Between Twilight, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games, I scroll through a lot of discussions before I find something interesting to me. I don't mind discussions about those three series, but it's just overwhelming as far as quantity goes.
NickyWithNook is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #18
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I've been on GR a while, but my activity has been up the last couple weeks, commenting in discussions and reviews as well as browsing books and writing reviews. I even friended someone last week just based on a discussion and some common interests (all my other GR friends are RL friends, mostly carried over from Facebook).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:32 AM   #19
VaporPunk
Evangelist
VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VaporPunk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 + Asus Transformer
GR is a great site. I just need to use it more often...
VaporPunk is offline   Reply With Quote