Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-11-2007, 07:49 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Please Add Your Location to Your Profile

There is an interesting discussion about ethics currently going on at MobileRead. link

When I read a person's comment that seems out of place I look for where they are from. (For example, the copyright laws are different between the UK and the US.) It would make it easier for all of us if more people would add their location to their profile. A lot already have and this helps a lot. I remember one thread about the shipping costs for a Sony Reader where the person asking did not identify where they were from. That was a hard one to answer.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 PM   #2
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

Device: HTC G1 Android FBReader
And if you can find one of NatCh's posts, there is a link to the Frapper map. It is interesting to use.
mogui is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
I currently live in San Leandro, CA, but I am from Madrid, Spain, so I don't think my location explains much in my case.
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:50 PM   #4
mogui
eNigma
mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.mogui is no ebook tyro.

But it is interesting and it gives your presence here a little more meaning.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:38 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andanzas View Post
I currently live in San Leandro, CA, but I am from Madrid, Spain....
I find that being able to see what general area a person's from gives an interesting context to the comments.

You could make your location read something like "From Madrid, currently living in California."

After we move at the end of the month, mine will change to "Republic of Texas Embassy to Tennessee" -- I think that'll cover it nicely.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The Republic of Texas gave Tennessee full recognition for an embassy rather than a mission? Who would have thunk it.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #7
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I get to call myself "Ambassador" this way.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
mogui
eNigma

No more Gizmologist?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist

That's "Ambassador Gizmologist!"
Old 07-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I felt I had to put up a complete profile as a support to my voice when I learned Sony limited the reader to a US only market.

It's also useful to know a little of whom you are communicating with.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #11
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Ha, "if you can find a Natch post" - like you can miss them!

Natch, what part of Tennessee?
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #12
NatCh
Gizmologist

Here's a "NatCh post" for you, LG:

Jackson, TN, it's about 1/3rd of the way from Memphis to Nashville on I-40. It seems like a really nice town so far, but of course we're not actually living there yet, so ....

They seem to have all the amenities I'd look for, except no Barnes & Noble or Borders (they do have BooksAMillion, but I'm not as fond of those) and no LaserQuest (my laser tag of choice, the nearest one's an hour away in Memphis ) -- but I think I'll muddle through somehow.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #13
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Heh, I've driven through Jackson many times, travelling back and forth between Knoxville and Memphis. There are some B&N and Borders in the eastern Memphis suburbs so if you feel like driving 45 minutes...

The biggest thing I remember about Jackson is they had the interstate under construction there for like 10 years straight in the late 80s/early 90s, was always a pain to go through there.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
NatCh
Gizmologist

Yup, good old Wolfe Chase mall.

Before now, my experience with Jackson has been on the order of "a good place to stop for food/gas on the way to east Tennessee" (Maddisonville and Pigeon Forge/Sevierville, mostly -- Knoxville has a really nice LaserQuest, but Nashville's is the best I've had the pleasure of visiting).

Last time we went to East TN, we were seriously delayed (and eventually detoured radically) by the wreck and burning of a cattle truck, which of course sparked lots of bad jokes about Bar-BQ and gripes about flamin' cattle on the interstate -- so I can well imagine how bad it would be to have the thing torn up for several years.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
mogui
eNigma

All this Jackson and whatnot talk makes me want to listen to Chris Smither -- bye.
<background noise>
Ah! That was sweet!

Last edited by mogui; 07-13-2007 at 09:59 PM.