punisher7069 began at the beginning.

Device: AmazonKindle
Confused need help

How do i put ebooks that are in notepad onto my kindle
punisher7069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher7069 View Post
How do i put ebooks that are in notepad onto my kindle
Where did you get the books from, and what format are they in?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
MsAnthrope
Enthusiast
MsAnthrope is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 2, EB-1150
Hi Punisher,
By coincidence I was checking the Kindle accepted formats list today as I have a text file to load, too. A notepad should have the .txt extension so all you need to do is transfer via USB cable to the documents folder on your kindle or send it to your kindle using your kindles' email address. Amazon is supposed to charge .10 for this email service. Make sure that the email address you're sending from is on the approved email list.
You can see your kindle email address and add approved email addresses using the 'manage your kindle' link on the amazon website.
Good luck with your Kindle and welcome to MR.
MsAnthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I have a number of plain text files that I created in Notepad (or Wordpad) and transferred to the Kindle using the USB cable. With the "notes" feature of the Kindle, you can use its keyboard to type in notes that will be associated with your text file. Transfer the original text file and the MyClippings.txt file to your PC, then copy/paste your notes from the MyClippings file either into the original text file or into a new file, depending on what you want to do next. For example, I can have the equivalent of a Tweet file right on my Kindle by starting with a small text file named diary.txt. I then create notes for this file which can be read at any time on the Kindle and which are stored in the MyClippings.txt file. Periodically, I transfer the MyClippings.txt file back to the PC, copy/paste the notes back into the diary.txt file and then transfer the new diary.txt file back to the Kindle. I just delete the MyClippings.txt file from the Kindle and it will create a brand-new one the next time I go to create a note.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote