Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
de_battre
de_battre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
New Kobo Touch doesn't hold page

Hi, I bought a Kobo Touch about a week ago and have been having a persistent and annoying problem as long as i have had it.

The issue is it is not holding the page I am on when I stop reading and switch off the device. It takes me to a page sometimes as far away as 11 'kobo' pages (i.e. not the 'real' pages noted at the bottom of the screen) from the place where i left off. I am usually about 3 or 4 'real' pages away from where I stopped reading.

Just to clarify, the issue is not that I am getting taken to the beginning of the 'real' page on which I am on (I am aware of the font considerations etc.).

I have not seen any posts on forums from people with the same issue. I contacted Kobo support and was advised to do a factory reset which i had already done several times while waiting for their response to no avail. I used to have an older generation Kobo and never had this issue.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and if there is any known fix or workaround.

I have the 2.3.1 firmware.

Thanks for any replies.
de_battre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
This is reported by a lot of people. The workaround is to reduce the margins on the device to zero (all the way to the left).
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #3
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
I have a Glo, my wife has a Touch. Since the last update, neither will return to the correct page after shutting the device off. The solution for us has been to never shut it off. We merely put it to sleep. Never forgets the page that way and much faster start up. As for battery life? Does not appear to make much difference.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #4
de_battre
de_battre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Fantastic, I have just tried the workaround and it worked.

ldrover, yes, I noticed it held my page when I simply put it to sleep but I was worried about the battery life which is why I didn't see it as a permanent solution. I will have to do some tests to see the difference.

Thanks for the replies, very much appreciated.
de_battre is offline   Reply With Quote