Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
Jowi
Connoisseur
Jowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneJowi makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: iPod Touch 5g, Kindle PW, iPad 3
Problem with syncing books?

I just did some tests and figured it out - if you close the fire down without going 'home' first (leaving the book 'open') and then go to another device, it won't sync. If you go 'home' before closing down the Fire, then it will sync on other devices. Mystery solved
Jowi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Best way: sync manually before and after reading an eBooks on every device. Don't rely on automatic syncing.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Do you sync before or after hitting home to close the book

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

This is standard on the E Ink Kindles too. If the Kindle goes into sleep mode with the book open it does not automatically sync before sleeping. Pressing the Home button on the E Ink models closes the book and usually causes a sync to occur, but not always. Therefore it is a habit of mine to manually force a sync at this point on an E Ink model by selecting Sync and Check for New Items in the Menu.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
This is standard on the E Ink Kindles too. If the Kindle goes into sleep mode with the book open it does not automatically sync before sleeping. Pressing the Home button on the E Ink models closes the book and usually causes a sync to occur, but not always. Therefore it is a habit of mine to manually force a sync at this point on an E Ink model by selecting Sync and Check for New Items in the Menu.

Thanks,
Carol
Advert
Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post

Thanks,
Carol
After.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
After.
Thanks. BTW I saw a picture you posted of your kindle in another thread. Which cover did you end up getting. It looked nice from what I could see of it.

Carol
Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 AM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Thanks. BTW I saw a picture you posted of your kindle in another thread. Which cover did you end up getting. It looked nice from what I could see of it.

Carol
It is the Belkin Verve Folio Case for Amazon Kindle (Black/Blue). I got it at my local Best Buy. Here is a link. It is kind of pricey but I really like it.