Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What were you favorite book club books so far. (Pick 3 ONLY)
The Trial by Franz Kafka 0 0%
The Trial by Franz Kafka Flash Forward by Robert J. Sawyer 1 25.00%
The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie 0 0%
Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell 0 0%
Three Men in a Boat (To Say Nothing of The Dog) by Jerome K Jerome 1 25.00%
King Solomon's Mines by Sir Henry Rider Haggard 0 0%
Dracula by Bram Stoker 0 0%
Neptune Crossing by Jeffrey Carver 1 25.00%
The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity, and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary 0 0%
Refuge by Richard Herley 1 25.00%
The Time Traders by Andre Norton 0 0%
The Hound of the Baskervilles by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 2 50.00%
A Passage to India by EM Forster 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
What were your favorite Book Club books so far?

So.... its been a bit over a year since we have been running the book club. I have some questions:

What were your favorite 3 books? Why?

What books surprised you the most (you liked them more than expected, or disliked more than expected)?

Have any of the books caused you to seek out more books by that author?

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 12-05-2009 at 01:28 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
What books surprised you the most (you liked them more than expected, or disliked more than expected)?
For me it was "The Professor and the Madman". How they made the dictionary and the facts about it were most interesting to me... I had no idea.

Also, Refuge was really excellent. I had no idea how great this book would be.

Quote:
Have any of the books caused you to seek out more books by that author?
For me, yes. I ended up reading ALL of the Sherlock Holmes books. I also read all of the Chaos Chronicles by Carver and I also read Penal Colony by Richard Herley and plan to read The Tide Mill and perhaps some others.

So, I am extremely pleased with the new authors I have discovered via the book club.

Thanks to all for participating in it with me.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert