Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #946
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
Hi Guys,

i have problems...

i have a registered kindle 3 keyboard wifi with old firmware 3.1 and jailbreak 0.7

i cannot get the prerequisites installed...it says error in the kindle updating procedure...(maybe thats intended), but it also says: "this device is not registered as a test kindle..." when i try to open the KUAL file from the kindle home screen...

what can be done?

already tried to uninstall and then reinstall the prerequisites....

any hints or ideas?

don't want to read all the 63 pages of the thread...

greetings knorst
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #947
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorst View Post
Hi Guys,

i have problems...

i have a registered kindle 3 keyboard wifi with old firmware 3.1 and jailbreak 0.7

i cannot get the prerequisites installed...it says error in the kindle updating procedure...(maybe thats intended)
Nope, that's not intended...
Quote:
, but it also says: "this device is not registered as a test kindle..." when i try to open the KUAL file from the kindle home screen...
... and that is a direct consequence of the developer certificates not being installed.

Quote:
what can be done?

already tried to uninstall and then reinstall the prerequisites....

any hints or ideas?

don't want to read all the 63 pages of the thread...

greetings knorst
My first bet: try to upgrade that ancient firmware to 3.4.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2013, 04:54 AM   #948
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by knorst View Post
i cannot get the prerequisites installed...
You may try this pack. (the same hacks in bundle.)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:08 AM   #949
knorst
Enthusiast
knorst began at the beginning.

Device: in future: 902/903
thanks for the help,

i updated the firmware and the jailbreak....

now it works...

knorst

Last edited by twobob; 07-29-2013 at 08:04 PM. Reason: s/no/now
knorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #950
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I'm getting U007 error on freshly reinstalled (Kubrick) K3 B008. Both prerequisite files.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #951
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
I'm getting U007 error on freshly reinstalled (Kubrick) K3 B008. Both prerequisite files.
Using the v-3.4 or the newer v-3.5 Kubrick?
Both are available in the top post right now.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #952
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Using the v-3.4 or the newer v-3.5 Kubrick?
Both are available in the top post right now.
I used 3.5.

EDIT:
OK. But that is probably not KUAL fault considering that im getting U007 on every package -,-

EDIT2:
Yep. That was Kubrick problem.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-02-2013 at 03:40 AM.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 AM   #953
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
How to get user defined icon for Kual?

I notice that in some screenshots, Kual has it's own icon - which looks similar to twobob's avatar..

How to get that?

On my PW, I only get the standard Amazon icon for an app..

Last edited by nasser; 08-03-2013 at 02:59 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #954
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@nasser: Err, which version of KUAL are you using?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #955
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@nasser: Err, which version of KUAL are you using?
Kual v 2.0
KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 (for paperwhite)
Old 08-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #956
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Kual v 2.0
KindleLauncher-2.0.azw2 (for paperwhite)
I just installed that version yesterday, and the "cover page" thumbnail shows up just fine for me.

What firmware version is your Paperwhite running?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #957
nasser
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I just installed that version yesterday, and the "cover page" thumbnail shows up just fine for me.

What firmware version is your Paperwhite running?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #958
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasser View Post
Ah, So - -
Now that is a difference -
The machine I installed it on is running 5.3.4

- - - - -

A note on what may or may not be related -
The Kindle Paperwhite that I am working on is one that I purchased as "Not Working, for Parts Only" device ($31).

The first thing that I noticed about it was that it had corrupted screen saver files (and was running 5.3.6).
I "Updated" it to firmware 5.3.4 and have not been able to find anything else wrong with it (at least not yet).

Duh,
Thank You lab126 for causing such a great deal on a used Kpw!

ixtab has also noticed file corruption problems with 5.3.6 on his machine.

Last edited by knc1; 08-04-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #959
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, mine's still running 5.3.6, and so far, everything's okay (besides a possibly weirder VM management, but, hey that led me to make my ImageMagick build better, so, yay!). (And the thumbnails behave perfectly fine, both on my 5.3.6 PW and my 5.3.7 Touch).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #960
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, mine's still running 5.3.6, and so far, everything's okay (besides a possibly weirder VM management, but, hey that led me to make my ImageMagick build better, so, yay!). (And the thumbnails behave perfectly fine, both on my 5.3.6 PW and my 5.3.7 Touch).
There must be some variation in the actual device build, otherwise we would have been flooded with "My Kpw is strange..." posts.

There is a problem, it must be very rare, but it seems very real.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified