Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
bugsy74
bugsy74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Kindle not responding

Hello all,

My kindle keyboard screen cracked so I ordered a new one from china and installed the new one. I was very careful and it seems fine.

However, when I turn on the kindle the green light come on but nothing happens. The screen doesn't react at all. I tried re installing the cracked screen to see if it would respond and that nothing happens when I turn on the kindle either (previously, even with a cracked screen half of the screen would respond). Now nothing.

I then plugged the kindle into my PC. It recognizes that there is a removable disk but when I double click it, I get a message "Please insert a disk into removable disk (F".

Is there any hope to recover this kindle.

Any help would be appreciated.
bugsy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:56 PM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsy74 View Post
Hello all,

My kindle keyboard screen cracked so I ordered a new one from china and installed the new one. I was very careful and it seems fine.

However, when I turn on the kindle the green light come on but nothing happens. The screen doesn't react at all. I tried re installing the cracked screen to see if it would respond and that nothing happens when I turn on the kindle either (previously, even with a cracked screen half of the screen would respond). Now nothing.

I then plugged the kindle into my PC. It recognizes that there is a removable disk but when I double click it, I get a message "Please insert a disk into removable disk (F".

Is there any hope to recover this kindle.

Any help would be appreciated.
It sounds like a dead battery. Charge it with a wall charger for 20 hours and try again. That "empty removable disk" could be from the kindle going to "low battery" mode so it can charge from a USB port, but use a wall charger.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
bugsy74

Thanks, charged battery and now works fine.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Okay, I added the following message to the top of the first post in the simple debricking sticky thread:
Quote:
NOTE: Before debricking, CHARGE THE BATTERY ON A WALL CHARGER FOR 20 HOURS! Seriously. We have been plagued with too many recent reports of "bricked" kindles that only had a battery so discharged that it could only be charged slowly (20 hour charge curve). After charging, either the kindle works as-is, or at least debricking will function correctly.
I think we need something like this in ALL the debricking-related threads / wikis / documents.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
I was ahead of the curve at the K3 noobs guide
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #6
bugsy74

Sorry, for the inconvenience....but thanks for all your help. It was very much appreciated.

Cheers,
bugs