Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
winterescape
Enthusiast
winterescape began at the beginning.

Device: none
calibre 0.7.48 error log

"The main program Calibre has encoutered a problem and needs to close" --> tell microsoft =yes?

Error report generated and sent
log file and memory dump files attached

I have never had Calibre crash before, I just installed 0.7.48 on 3/5
Attached Files
File Type: zip user.zip (38.6 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by winterescape; 03-07-2011 at 06:19 PM.
winterescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Microsoft dump files are not very useful. If you can isolate a reproduceable set of steps leading to a crash, I may be able to look into it further.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
winterescape
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Microsoft dump files are not very useful. If you can isolate a reproduceable set of steps leading to a crash, I may be able to look into it further.
So that is the strange thing. It was doing "nothing" I have it set to fetch news at 6AM and it never did today, it did yesterday and it was the only program I had left running on the PC. The crash log I sent shows it stopped at 6:01 PM?
Old 03-08-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Try starting Calibre in debug mode (execute "calibre-debug -g" in a console window) and recreate the situation. That could produce some more information.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
winterescape
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestions and support. It has run for a week and has not happened again.
Advert