Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Pleasant surprise!

I just got an e-mail from Borders saying that I received $10 in Borders Bucks!!

$10 in FREE Bonus Bucks -- Our Gift to You!

And a coupon attached that said "A Special Reward for Our Best Customers"

Very cool! Time to go Shopping at Borders.com!!

I just used the $10 I had earned, so this was a huge surprise....hope that there are others that got this email!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:48 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Generous of them
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course I log into my account, and it isn't there....so I don't know what's up with that. Perhaps I have to wait a bit before it shows up on my Borders Rewards card.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:10 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I got it as well, but I think it says it will show up when you check out. I didn't go that far yet.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

It didn't for a while, but it's there now....but of course you can only use them on selected eBooks because of the stupid a$$ publishers.
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #6
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Yay! I got one too. Of course the first three books I wanted to buy I couldn't because they've made the wonderful business decision not to let Borders run promotions on their items

But no worries --- plenty of non-agency priced stuff out there and all those Agency books are still sitting all dusty and unread on their little locked down digital bookshelves.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

I wish I could get a refund on one book, it's a PDF, not an ePub, and it's formatted so terribly that it's hard to read....of course I'm sure they won't offer one.

But I did get the new Dean Koontz Novella tying into his new book coming out December.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

[QUOTE=willshela;1224076]Welcome everyone!Glad to be here.I hope we can talk something new

-----------------
[spam link removed.]

Spam, check the sig.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-19-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #9
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I just got an e-mail from Borders saying that I received $10 in Borders Bucks!!

$10 in FREE Bonus Bucks -- Our Gift to You!

And a coupon attached that said "A Special Reward for Our Best Customers"

Very cool! Time to go Shopping at Borders.com!!

I just used the $10 I had earned, so this was a huge surprise....hope that there are others that got this email!
very cool. and the beauty of having epub on your device is you can use it on your nook.

yeah people keep buying up those Kindles
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a Kindle and the books I bought from Borders this morning are right there on it waiting to be read.

so neener neener
Old 11-19-2010, 10:47 AM   #11
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I have a Kindle and the books I bought from Borders this morning are right there on it waiting to be read.

so neener neener
and did you have to strip them of anything?
Old 11-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #12
abookreader
Wizard

God Bless Calibre, It's plug-ins, and those who provide them to me.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #13
boswd
Banned

while I do also have calibre, and I do share your "God Bless Calibre" statement, but we epubers don't have to take that extra stop, we buy download read neeener neener neeener

Beside I can't even imagine trying to explain Calibre to my father and how to use it.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #14
abookreader
Wizard

yes, all those steps....

clicking on Add books, selecting the file and then clicking on Send to Device and also having to choose the yes convert it was so exhausting ..... it's no wonder I need a nap this afternoon.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard

LOL I don't quite understand all the scripts and setups to remove the DRM and convert automatically. I just do it manually with the python scripts. Even the ones that I bought, I strip the DRM, it's a nasty thing.