Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you read in the bathroom? (Poll is not public, so voters' can keep their privacy)
Yes I do and I think it's normal 116 85.29%
Yes I do but I find it weird 3 2.21%
No I don't but I think it's normal 7 5.15%
No I don't and I find it weird 10 7.35%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 11:46 PM   #61
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exvaxman View Post
My better two-thirds is a horder. The master bathroom is the only place in the house that is clean. That is where I charge my ebooks. Yes, I read there.

LOL. I suppose I should call mine that, too. I sometimes call him my bigger half, though he is also better in many, many ways. You can definitely tell his side of the bed. It's piled high with books even though he also has a Kindle. He still pulls his old favorites off the shelf from time to time and there they stay until I get frustrated and put them all back. There was a crash in the wee hours this morning. His Kindle and a bunch of books had been knocked to the floor by a curious kitten. Luckily both Kindle and kitten survived. This has not in any way sparked the notion in him that he should clear the stuff up.

Oh, and since it's the law that all posts discussing kittens must have their pictures, here he is. His name is Virgil.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	venus.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	30360  
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 AM   #62
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Aha! I'm NOT the only one who does that!

(trying to think of a room I haven't read in... nope - none come to mind)
The utility room? :-)
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #63
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post

Oh, and since it's the law that all posts discussing kittens must have their pictures, here he is. His name is Virgil.

Adorable.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:52 AM   #64
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Adorable.
And available for adoption for those in the SF Bay Area! I'm a cat pimp. I know. But, it really is the toughest part of the job. I love fostering but I hate letting them go.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #65
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I am well pleased with mine (sorry I am really sad but love my Aquapaq):

Damn you all to the bloody bowels of hell!!

You have forced me to spend money, I HATE that if it is not on camera gear anymore. But when I saw that bag, then sadly discovered the mfg does not make one for the K1, or K2 for that matter, I did find one that might be a tad snug but will fit good enough for shot periods in the tub for the better half, who loves her baths. I used to, until the seem to have cut the size of a decent tub by at least 50%...all I know is for me a bath requires a shoehorn, a couple pry bars and a thimble of water because that is all the room left in there...

Anyway, here is what I ordered for her and it will be arrive on Monday:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

And all is apparently not lost after all, somehow a new NattyG camera strap ended up in my cart...and it is just the one I wanted:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_oh_product

Which attaches to this camera pack and take all the weight of whatever rig I am using at that microsecond:

http://www.amazon.com/National-Geogr...272631&sr=1-21

Sooo, maybe now I can get that new zoom lens I have been after...who knows? And, oh yeah, the two primes I "need" as well...hahahaha...actually I am allowed any gear I want, but don't tell her that...remember the old adage "....I hope she never has to sell this stuff because if she prices it based on what I tell her it costs...YIKES!!..."
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #66
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
Now I want an aquapac too. I have seen which size to get for a Kindle or Sony eReader, but I have an iRex iLiad V2 and don't know which size to get. Has anyone purchased one for an iLiad?
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 AM   #67
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by millydog View Post
Now I want an aquapac too.
i want one too! but i want a jacuzzi to go along with it too!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #68
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
I used to read my books on the throne. This would result in me having 2 or 3 books on the go (one upstairs, one downstairs and one in my bag for the train). This of course would result in me spending extended periods of time in the bathroom and getting a numb bum!

Since I have bought my reader, I tend to only read magazines now. I can't afford to have a reader for each location
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #69
Alisa
Gadget Geek

Virgil got adopted!!!! Four more to go. They're cute and none of them has menaced my Kindle yet. Any takers? Anyone? You know you want one.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #70
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
My ex read in the bathroom - Every time he went. It got to the point I was extremely grateful the house had a half bath, cause that was all I ever got to use. I normally don't read in the bathroom, I can't read in the tub, never could - either the pages would get wet or I'd be afraid of dropping the book, now with the ebook reader it's too precious to take a chance with, even with an aquapac. I don't necessarily think it's weird - it's just something I'm not in the habit of doing myself.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:07 AM   #71
Mosherix
Enthusiast
Mosherix doesn't litterMosherix doesn't litter

Device: iPod Touch, iPad, PRS 300
Yes, I do. With my wife thinking that I can read and pay attention to her talking at the same time, this place offers me good privacy.
Mosherix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #72
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosherix;
Yes, I do. With my wife thinking that I can read and pay attention to her talking at the same time, this place offers me good privacy.
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #73
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Virgil got adopted!!!! Four more to go. They're cute and none of them has menaced my Kindle yet. Any takers? Anyone? You know you want one.
aw ! i would have adopted virgil, he's so cute ! except, obviously, i can't. i'm glad he found a good home.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #74
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
soooooo tempting
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #75
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thibaulthalpern View Post
The utility room? :-)
Our house doesn't have one (the washing machine lives in the kitchen). But my parents have one, and I used to read in theirs. Whilst ironing. Somehow nothing got burnt, but nothing ever got entirely crease free, either...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
location, poll, reading, weirdness