Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
jenieliser
Groupie
jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jenieliser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, Kobo Libra H2O
I'm upgrading!!!

I have had a 505 for about 3 years now, I absolutely love it! Lately though it's been having a little difficulty...Okay, not really, I just saw the new readers and then began imaging that my 505 was no longer up to par
After a while of arguing with myself-the practical side: No, you don't need to spend 250 (with tax and shipping) on a new reader when you have a perfectly fine reader. And the not-so-practical side: Of course you should get the 650, it's touch screen, it has an awesome dictionary (the translation being the kicker for me), and hey...your 505 is just getting a little aged, he needs to retire....
After months of arguing with myself like that, my husband ordered one for me as a surprise!! How sweet!!!! It should be here tomorrow!! I'm so super excited!!
jenieliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Of course you "needed" a new reader. I don't have a 650 but I wish I did...okay I want a 950 too

Congratulations on your 650.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650

Last edited by Ashjuk; 08-09-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Best thing I ever did going from the 600 to the 650. You are going to so enjoy it
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I thought about upgrading from the 505 myself, but I decided to keep on reading with what I have for now. I wish you all the best with your new reader.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 02:14 PM   #6
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
My beloved 505 was quickly forgotten and gifted away as soon as I brought home my new 650. You will love the sharper screen, faster processing and better use of real estate on the unit. The downside is that you will have to repurchase all of your accessories, none of which work with the 650.
Enjoy your 650!
(Pass your 505 on to someone who'll enjoy it!)
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Too late now, but after having used the 505 for 3 years, the 4 month wait until the usual time Sony releases their new models doesn't seem that long...
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Only four month to buy 650s

Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #9
readergirl218
Enthusiast
readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.readergirl218 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 (white), Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-300,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Just go for it - you know you really need to do this

I upgraded to a 650 today, so much better than the 600 I was using.

I'm not sure quite what to do with the old one as I feel it will now just sit and gather dust.
I saved my 300 as a backup.
readergirl218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
My beloved 505 was quickly forgotten and gifted away
A, Exactly my same situation with my 505s after I landed a 950. I've never looked back.

And the people I gave my 505s to are stilled thrilled.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Too late now, but after having used the 505 for 3 years, the 4 month wait until the usual time Sony releases their new models doesn't seem that long...
If they release a new model, and if they do will it be better? I dunno. I don't need wifi or a browser. IMO the 650 is close to e-reader heaven.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 AM   #12
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I just upgraded last week- I love my new 650! I loved my 505 for about 2 1/2 years, but it had a bit of an accident, and I started losing some readability. You're going to love your 650!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #13
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Congrats! You're going to love the 650!! After using a 505 for a couple years I upgraded to a ...nook. Then about a month after I got the nook, Sony came out with the 650. I really tried to hold off buying one for a while, but that was to no avail. I got my 650 last September and absolutely love it! Best of breed!

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 05:22 AM   #14
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650

Last edited by Ashjuk; 08-09-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote