Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
udotech
udotech began at the beginning.

Device: none
Continuous discussion on China MID Market(Shan Zhai)

following my last thread in July 13th, a 2nd round of survey for China existing MID market(which is called Shanzhai Market) has been done and finished. Below are some result for friends to see:

1. Talk about 10" MID
There are only 2 kind of 10 inch MID(Android based) in China market, now we see below their configuration and performance.

1)Zenithink 10 inch MID(they name EPAD)

PART OF SPEC:
hardware performance Remarks
CPU ZT-180
FSB 1GMHz
Memory DDR 256MB
Nandflash 2GB
Extended TF card ; U disk
LCD display 10.1” TFT display ,1024*600
Internet Built in Ethernet :support WIF:USB port
solution For 3G module;
USB for web camera
I/O ports DC in
Earphone
RJ-45
TF
1*USB 2.0 Host port
1*USB 2.0 OTG port
Touch scree Resistive
Audio Built in stereo speakers 1w*2
Built in mono recorder
LED indicators Power; charging
Key-press Power on /off 1 key
Volume 2key
ESC 1 key
Max battery time Wifi on :3hours
Wifi off:5 hours

2)Rockchip 10 inch
Featuer CPU rockchip 2808 (ARM926EJC+DSP) 600mhz/1GHZ
Memory RAM DDR2 128MB
Memory ROM(flash) MLC NAND 2GB
Webcom N/A
MIC MIC bulit in
Memory Solt TF2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB Nand Flash
LCD Screen 10.1 inch TFT (1024x600)16:9
TOUCH resistive touch panel
USB Slot 30PIN USB2.0 Max Speed 480Mbps/s
Audio slot yes 3.5mm
DC in One charging slot
Sound effect Audio build-in 0.5w*1 stereo sparkers
Charging bettery 5000 mAH / 3.7V (Li-On rechargeable)
Power Adaptor 220V Input, 5V DC Output, 2A
WIFI CSR / MARVELL WIFI B/G/N 802.11 b/g
3G Optional for custom-make
G-Sensor Yes
Button Power key
Front Face:Home button
Side face:Power,Volume buttons +/-,
Reset Key

After reviewing above spec, we first comparing the CPU.Zenithink indicate: CPU ZT-180; FSB: 1GMHz, which was totally a lie, when I testing the speed, it does not at all show any better than the rockchip 2808 600MHZ, there is not at all a CPU called ZT-180, the real chipset of that is IX200 which was developed by a shanghai slution provider called infotmic(http://www.infotmic.com/product.asp), well, the Zenithink shamelessly name their own name as ZT-180(which was not at all existing).
The named speed 1G MHZ was completely a joke, I could imagin a 1G MHZ CPU will run at such a low speed(even worse than the Rockchip 2808- 600MHZ).After searching some data and testing made, we found out that Zenithink named "cortex A8 1G" actually was ARM V6, that's why the speed was so slow. Zenithink remarked the "infotmic "IX2x0" chipset as ZT-180 and name it as A8 1G MHZ, that was not good, that's like cheating. some reference link:
http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-863218-4-1.html

Another point not quite acceptable is that it does not support Android Market. and the Android 2.1 system does not show any advantage without the "market". We should know that the value of "arm" was submitted to be changed easily by a developer, so a "800mhz Interface Controller & CPU" coul be overclocked up to 950MHZ(could be named as 1G mhz). but the overclocked CPU was really not stable and have very bad performance.
And current 1080P only support MP4 format. Well they would not tell you this, but just saying that they support 1080P of all video format.

Now talk about Rochchip 2808 chipset, they are more honest in telling the products, for a 10 inch displan LCD, 600 mhz CPU is bit reluctant in driving it.
but its performance is euqual to its named spec. and it support Android market. Its best advantage is its video player, It should be account for the best performance on video playing among all current MID.

2. Talk about 7 inch
In my last thread, i have compared VIA, rockchip 2808 and Marvell. Now I am adding a new chipset "telechip"
Current Telechip support Android 2.1. and it has improved in speed and some bugs of software. better performance than Rockchip 2808. its spec below:
UDO-7009 CPU telechips8902 Dual core DSP720 MHz.
OS Support: Android 2.1
Chipset telechips
Memory memory 256 MB on board
Hard Disk 2GB
LCD 7" TFT ( 800x480) touch screen
Audio Speaker*2 + headphone + stereo Mic
Storage device Micro SD (T-Flash)
Blutooth function(Optional) Support BT(Optinal)
WIFI Wireless LAN 802.11b/g
Camera 0.3 mp
USB Port USB2.0*2
Temperature 5°C ~ 35°C; Humidity: 20% ~ 80%
Switch Control Power On/Off Button
Power Adapter Power adaptor: Input 100-240V Output: 12V 2.5A
Size: L190.5 * W118.5* H15 mm
Lithium Battery 2-cell Lithium polymer 2600mAh /7.4V
Weight 1 kg
Stand-by time 7 hours

One point need to mention is that it is greatly improved in speaker, had bigger power speaker, voice could be acceptable.
This is an acceptable device I would recommend.

the 7" Marvell chipset also have a problem that could not use Android market, but heard that they have solved the problem. If for 7" device, this is No.1 I would recommend, 2nd would be the telechip 8902.

At last I have to mention a chipset"Samsung Galaxy Tab?", it was just amazing, I saw a engineering board of it, the performance was even better than real APPLE IPAD, http://www.tabletpcreview.com/defaul...ngtablet+froyo
But I don't think they could realsed in China market, reasons: 1. need time for developing new MID. 2. Expensive. 3. If it comes to the market too soon, the existing MID products will no longer wanted, the manufacturer will have to consider how they sell current products.

Another issue I was a little puzzled, the name MID and "Tablet PC", from my observation, they are about the same purpose of usage, well differnt name makes people confusing.

Will keep updated about the similiar products.
udotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #2
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Well, the question now will be, are any of these going to be available in the US?
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert