Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Care and Repair

Did you see the new items in the iRex shop - Care and Repair with denominations of 25, 50 and 100 Euros! An interesting approach to servicing... I have never seen something like this.
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Hmm, this is very ... uncommon. We definately need to find out, how to reinstall the system
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2006, 11:43 AM   #3
branko
Connoisseur
branko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enough

Device: Palm Zire
I tried to get Apple to fix the numerous bugs in the Mac OS X, but they won't even take my calls for less than 39 euro. I am not condoning the practice -- if anything I think it is a clear sign that capitalist society has gone too far in making companies untouchable, -- but it happens.
branko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
It depends what they are there for.

I will be very annoyed if they want to charge me for the repair of a unit, that was clearly faulty.

On the other hands I can see them charging people to replace cracked screens or other mishaps.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
oliverbogler
Connoisseur
oliverbogler has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iLiad
Thumbs up iRex customer service - excellent, IMO

I thought the tiered structure was interesting - perhaps you alert them to a problem, and they tell you which tier you need?

On another note, I have mentioned elsewhere that my order was skipped for shipping (because I ordered too soon from the US, and before the system was ready). I just wanted to say that the response from iRex to my problem was first rate - very quick, personal, friendly and to the point. My iLiad was shipped 'manually' today, and the VAT issue was also addressed.

We have discussed how iRex is a young company, with many startup problems, and that is true. But their customer service response was really good - Apple quality. This is an excellent sign for their future ... and so the future of everyone's favorite new eReader!!
oliverbogler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
I was assuming that: 25 = re-installing operating system.
50 = something more
100 = cracked screen or similar.

As for their customer service, I agree. While I have had minor miggles with them, thus far they have been very quick and polite in all communication.

Hopefully their support will be the same.

Last edited by Riocaz; 07-24-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
kusmi
Connoisseur
kusmi began at the beginning.

"I tried to get Apple to fix the numerous bugs in the Mac OS X, but they won't even take my calls for less than 39 euro. I am not condoning the practice -- if anything I think it is a clear sign that capitalist society has gone too far in making companies untouchable, -- but it happens."

At least they have a bug-reporter: bugreport.apple.com
It's free, you just need to sign-up and sometimes you get feedback on fixed bugs.

Would be nice, if iRex would open such a bug-reporter as well, this would help them to gather bugs from users...
kusmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:39 PM   #8
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
they have mobileread to learn about bugs

and 25€ with (our without?) shipping would be a fair price for repairing (user-)bricked iliads.

Maybe i'll ask them what 25€ support will buy you.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
R2D2
Mad Scientist
R2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litterR2D2 doesn't litter

Device: Zaurus, HTCMagician, iLiad
I think they just needed a quick and dirty way to handle credit card payments for repair costs if necessary. I don't think that these are fixed prices for fixed services.
R2D2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:59 AM   #10
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
hm. i guess it's time for me to find it out.

see in the hacking thread for details.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote