Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

VolumeSwipe : testing

I made a simple app called VolumeSwipe. In selected applications (currently: Amazon video and music players, Netflix, and one more) it lets you swipe up and down on the left side (you can switch to right) of the screen to adjust the volume.

I know there is already a free app like this. But the nice thing about VolumeSwipe is that it's not active all the time, only in selected applications, so it doesn't bother you.

It's now released here.

Last edited by pruss; 02-22-2012 at 06:28 PM.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Thank you.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 AM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
I like that its not active all the time since we don't need it very often.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
Tangiegirl
Tangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it is

Device: Kindle
I like it. Nice that it only appears when you tap it.

Any idea if the full app will be available before my trial version, which started today, runs out?
Tangiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #5
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangiegirl View Post
I like it. Nice that it only appears when you tap it.

Any idea if the full app will be available before my trial version, which started today, runs out?
I'll try to make sure of that, by posting another trial if necessary.
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 05:05 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Thank you very much.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Tangiegirl
Tangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
I'll try to make sure of that, by posting another trial if necessary.
Many thanks.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #8
pruss
Evangelist

I just posted 0.02 (see link in first post). It has a "Boost" option. This lets you add a bit more boost to the top of the volume (presumably this is what apps like Volume+ do). I don't know just how much boost I should let users add--I don't know what's safe for the internal speakers of the Fire. I am currently allowing 4.5 db of boost. Maybe that's too much? Or too little? Does anyone know?

I've noticed that volume is different between apps. Netflix is particularly low and needs more of a boost.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:56 PM   #9
Tangiegirl

Just played around with 0.02 and though swipe shows 250%, it doesn't seem to boost the volume on the native music player.

I tried it with volume+ disabled, too. No difference.

I do have boost and active checked, any idea what I might be missing?

Last edited by Tangiegirl; 02-06-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 02-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #10
pruss
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangiegirl View Post
Just played around with 0.02 and though swipe shows 250%, it doesn't seem to boost the volume on the native music player.

I tried it with volume+ disabled, too. No difference.

I do have boost and active checked, any idea what I might be missing?
That's on the Fire?

250% ?! In my testing, it stopped at 133%.

With boost unchecked, is the maximum 100%?
Old 02-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
pruss
Evangelist

I fixed a bug, and posted 0.03. Don't think it'll fix Tangiegirl's problem, but maybe.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:07 AM   #12
Tangiegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
That's on the Fire?

250% ?! In my testing, it stopped at 133%.

With boost unchecked, is the maximum 100%?
I'll try it now and see but before I do that I'll double check but I swear today, with volume+ enabled, swipe showed 300% at max but no discernable change in volume.

Also, before I install 0.03, I'll give you a percentage at Max swipe w/o boost to see if it's at 100% then.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #13
Tangiegirl

Ok..this is really interesting. Playing Small Town by John Mellancamp and boost enabled it is 293% at max swipe. Min swipe is 193%

Tried on Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues, max swipe is 293%. Min swipe is 193% On both, 193% min swipe is silent, so the range is always 100%, regardless of the actual % number.

With Boost disabled, Max on both MP3s is 100%.

Be back after I try 0.03...

Last edited by Tangiegirl; 02-08-2012 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Additional info added
Old 02-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #14
Tangiegirl

pruss...no discernable differences with 0.03. Percentages remain as stated above.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #15
pruss
Evangelist

Hmm. I'll have to look into that.

What range do you see when you're in the VolumeSwipe app itself?

Also, where do you start your swipe? It's a good idea to start it in the middle of the screen. There may be cases where you need more than one down or more than one up swipe to set the volume to min or max.