Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
terrypin
Connoisseur
terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: iPAQ 2210 PPC
Kiindle & iPad not synced?

This morning I bought a new book on my Kindle and it appeared quickly on my Home page as usual. Just now, some 11 hours later, I opened the Kindle app on my iPad. But it doesn't show the book after tapping the Sync icon.

What is the likely explanation please? With both devices using my home wifi, I would expect the book list to remain the same.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
terrypin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 02:22 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The book won't automatically appear on your iPad. You need to go to the "Archive" page on the iPad Kindle app and download it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Yep. You need to download a book to each device on your account separately. It makes sense, as many people share their accounts. I do not want my husband's Kindle books on my Kindle.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #4
terrypin
Connoisseur
terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.terrypin writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Thanks all. But, sorry if I'm being dense, I just don't follow. I have other books which appear on both Kindle and iPad, and I've never had to order it on both devices before. Are you actually saying that is what I have to do, in order to be able to read a purchased book on both devices?

--
Terry, UK
Old 07-17-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
Thanks all. But, sorry if I'm being dense, I just don't follow. I have other books which appear on both Kindle and iPad, and I've never had to order it on both devices before. Are you actually saying that is what I have to do, in order to be able to read a purchased book on both devices?
I believe it will automatically download to the Kindle when you sync, but not to the iPad, Android, or K4PC. I'm not positive, but pretty sure that's what I've experienced. You're not being dense, it took me a few tries to figure it out too. I had the same response when I started using Kindle on the iPad.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrypin View Post
Are you actually saying that is what I have to do, in order to be able to read a purchased book on both devices?
Yes. You must download to each device. Either from Amazon, or from the device's archive.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, you don't have to order it on both devices.

When you buy a book, Amazon will (normally) automatically deliver it to your default device. Eg, if you buy a book on your Kindle, it will automatically be sent to that Kindle.

On any other device registered to the same Amazon account, the book will appear on the Archive page. The Archive lists all the books that you've bought, but which are not currently loaded on that particular device. By selecting the book in the Archive, it will download to the device.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
terrypin
Connoisseur

Thanks, penny finally dropped! I found it in the Archive (not really the place I'd have expected to find a newly-purchased book!) and tapped it to get it onto my Home page.

--
Terry, UK
Old 07-18-2011, 09:53 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

No problem - it's not very obvious!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #10
Juliepac
Juliepac began at the beginning.

Device: iPod touch, ipad, android phone
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, you don't have to order it on both devices.

When you buy a book, Amazon will (normally) automatically deliver it to your default device. Eg, if you buy a book on your Kindle, it will automatically be sent to that Kindle.

On any other device registered to the same Amazon account, the book will appear on the Archive page. The Archive lists all the books that you've bought, but which are not currently loaded on that particular device. By selecting the book in the Archive, it will download to the device.
What about books that I didn´t buy? Can I sync then through different devices? How?

I've seen this kind of question many times and I've also searched for the answer on google. It's not lazyness. I JUST CANT KINDLES TO SYNC!!!
I've been working on this matter for many hours now, but still nothing.
I have an ipad, ipod touch, android 2.3.3 phone and k4pc. They seem to work independently, they dont sync at all (yes, i have a kindle account and all my devices are registered).

Please help!

Thanks a lot!

Juliepac is offline   Reply With Quote