Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
Shadow
Enthusiast
Shadow began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader
Deal: EZ Reader from Fry's Electronics...

Hello Everyone,

I'm kind of new here but I wanted to pass along the deal I used to pickup my new reader.. At Fry's Electronics. The unit is on sale for $249 then you can add the $20 mail in rebate to knock it down to $229.99. Not bad for a fairly open format device. Fry's also offers 12 months interest free if you put it on a Fry's credit card.

Please note I do not work at Fry's I just wanted to post what I thought was a good deal.

Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
That's a great deal, especially with the free DL of OpenInkPot. Wish they'd had that back when.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Bookathon
Bookaholic
Bookathon doesn't litterBookathon doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 1, 3, Ipad
If you walk in the store and buy it is 259, if buy on line than pickup at the store than it is 249 and for some reason sd card reader is missing in the package.
Bookathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #4
Shadow
Enthusiast

My store had it for $249 in store over last weekend.. don't know about this one.. So I didn't have to do the purchase online.. but for some reason the Fry's card processing was down so I had to go multiple time so I could get it put on my Fry's card for the interest free offer..
Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #5
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
This week's e-reader advertised in Dallas Fry's is Sony's at $249. (4/3/09)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Shadow
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
This week's e-reader advertised in Dallas Fry's is Sony's at $249. (4/3/09)
Just took a look at the San Jose ads and the Sony is also listed for $249..

I'm glad I picked mine up when I did..
Old 04-16-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
Shadow
Enthusiast

UPDATE: Seems that ASTAK closed the PO box that was listed on the rebate form for you to mail the form back too.

I spoke with an ASTAK employee by the name of Ruby who requested I mail the form to the company address instead. So I will post that address here just in case others are going to mail them in, or if you get the "return to sender" letter back like I did.

mail to: Astak EZ Reader Rebate
1911 Hartog Dr.
San Jose, CA 95131

Since I live in San Jose, and work ~15min away I'm going to just drop off my returned letter. Hopefully it doesn't just get "lost in the mail" from this personal delivery.