Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
valiantone2000
valiantone2000 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
Exclamation Calibre and Marvin Won't Sync Successfully Ipad Air and MacPro

Greetings -

I can't seem to successfully transfer books from Calibre on mac to Marvin on iPad Air, and I'm forced to go back to iTunes to do it via File Transfer. I meticulously followed the installation instructions of IOSRA and MarvinHD. Redid it several times. The calibre connection window will display on iPad OK and indicate connection and ready. But when titles are selected the Send To Device function is grayed out. iPad is connected to mac via USB cable. Mac running 10.9.5 Mavericks.

I tried connecting with both Calibre as content server and wireless transfer with same result. Syncing Calibre and Marvin is why I got the app. Help!

I’m on an 8-core 2.26 dual MacPro running 10.9.5 with 16 GB RAM. Somebody else must have had this problem.

Thanks for any assistance.
valiantone2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Which version of Calibre is that? This might be relevant https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=432.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:05 PM   #3
valiantone2000
valiantone2000 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air
I don't think so - I'm using 2.1.7. The latest update. But thanks.
valiantone2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:25 AM   #4
hockeyjod
hockeyjod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
This may not apply to you, but it is what screwed me up for a while before I figured it out (i.e., read about it here). Make sure your iPad is the only iDevice plugged in to your computer. I'd have my iPhone plugged in just to charge it and then when I tried to connect calibre to my iPad it would not work. Once I unplugged my iPhone, it worked fine. I do occasionally need to restart either calibre or the calibre connection within Marvin on the iPad to get them to hook up, though.
hockeyjod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes that could be the problem too. The libimobiledevice library that the plugins use have a "feature" whereby idevices can also be detected via wifi as well as usb. This means that if you have an idevice on your wifi network, it may be detected too as well as the idevice connected via usb that you are trying to get Calibre to talk to. The plugins expect to only find one idevice, and get confused. It would be relatively simple code change to prevent this, but it would mean creating a fork of the libimobiledevice source.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:40 AM   #6
thetechbutterfly
thetechbutterfly began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Air & iPhone 6 Plus
Unhappy Marvin app on ipad and Calibre on Mac not syncing

Hi,

Am aware that this thread is old but testing my stars.

Having issues with the initial sync.
Hardware: iPad2 & Mac with OSX 10.10.3
Software: Paid version of Marvin on App Store dl in March 2015, Calibre 2.3, Marvin XD and the iOs plug in with QT5 (unaware of what that is but was the latest according to the forum)

1. Connecting only 1 device at a time
2. iTunes has auto sync disabled
3. Both plugins installed and configured. iOS one with Marvin as default reader
4. Calibre shut down and restarted after each plug in. also configured that the Marvin app should show on the main menu and moved it up the ladder as well (Can see the greyed out Marvin logo only here)
5. iPad connected, Calibre started, Marvin app on ipad launched and the calibre button tapped

Marvin just does not show up in Calibre at all. No button, no tab, nothing.

Please help
thetechbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:46 PM   #7
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I don't think Marvin has changed nearly as much as Calibre. You should probably ask this question in the Calibre forum...it could be that Philantrop hasn't updated MarvinXD lately??

Sorry I couldn't offer more help.

Edit:
I just looked over at the Calibre/Plugins/MarvinXD thread here. It looks Like Philantrop has been very ill for a while and hasn't been able to keep up with the plugin. But perhaps someone over there can give you an idea?

Cheers,

Last edited by Turtle91; 06-07-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #8
ShellShock
Wizard

Are you using IOS 8.3? If so, you are out of luck - check the end of this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241143.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:39 AM   #9
FredipusRex
Enthusiast
FredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enoughFredipusRex will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Kris is aware of the problem and investigating a fix/workaround. https://mobile.twitter.com/Appstafar...61053134258176

Of course, Kris has been mentioning upcoming releases of Gerty and/or Marvin for six months now then backtracks and becomes non-committal, so who knows?

Hopefully, he'll at least compile a 64-bit release before Apple removes all 32-bit apps for iOS 9.
FredipusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #10
thedeanlee
thedeanlee began at the beginning.

This is not working for me either.

I just updated Calibre today to the latest version (7/9/2015) and it won't connect to Marvin on either my Mac Book Pro or my PC. Everything is the latest version. Any ideas?
thedeanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #11
thedeanlee
thedeanlee began at the beginning.

So when I try to configure the iOS plug-in I get a
no module named PyQt4" error.
thedeanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:43 AM   #12
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedeanlee View Post
I just updated Calibre today to the latest version (7/9/2015) and it won't connect to Marvin on either my Mac Book Pro or my PC. Everything is the latest version. Any ideas?
Have you tried to use Calibre's content server:

See the end of this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=241145
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, macpro, marvin, mavericks, sync ipad