Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #1
Skittles
Skittles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Pandigital firmware???

Hi everyone,

Yes, I'm new...but I don't really know what I'd say about myself in the Introductions forum!

I just bought a Pandigital Personal eReader. NOT the 7" colour Novel, but the epaper one they recently released.

As my spelling of "colour" shows, I'm Canadian. And this ereader, for some reason, even though I bought it here, is the American version.

We don't have Barnes & Noble here, so the default bookstore is useless and I have this icon in my main menu that does nothing for me!

The Canadian version connects to the Kobo ebook store.

Is it possible to download Canadian firmware for this device?

Thankee.
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Skittles
Skittles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I give up...I returned the Pandigital and bought a Kobo!

I'm online enough without another device that gives me browsing capability.
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
Luca Brasi
Luca Brasi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Pandigital Novel
There is a firmware for the canada version on the Pandigital website.
Luca Brasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:52 PM   #4
rePete
Connoisseur
rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.rePete can really shake a tail feather.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I was given the Novel 7" color one for my anniversary. It seems they shook hands with B&N with it which is the main reason I found out about converting book formats here: I have lots of epubs that I've gotten from Amazon, Project Gutenberg, etc. that I cannot view on the Pandigital. So I'm hoping the make the format change so I can. Been spending too much time on the forums to either convert the epubs or read
rePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rePete View Post
I was given the Novel 7" color one for my anniversary. It seems they shook hands with B&N with it which is the main reason I found out about converting book formats here: I have lots of epubs that I've gotten from Amazon, Project Gutenberg, etc. that I cannot view on the Pandigital. So I'm hoping the make the format change so I can. Been spending too much time on the forums to either convert the epubs or read
Amazon never sold any ePubs. Amazon books are in their own format which is called AZW. It is like MOBI but the DRM is different. Project Gutenberg ePUB should work fine on a Pandigital as it does support ePUB format. Not all project gutenberg books are available in ePUB format but they can be converted, but you need to know what format they are in first. You can check our wiki to find about about formats and conversion tools.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
tselling
Addict
tselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enoughtselling will become famous soon enough

Device: NookColor (MiRage/CM7.2 & Moon+ Reader Pro)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rePete View Post
There's also a Kindle App for android you could try for any books purchased from Amazon.
tselling is offline   Reply With Quote