Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-14-2010, 06:46 AM   #1
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Hard to find e.books

Not quite sure if this is the correct sub-fora.

I wanted to get a copy of "Pedagogy of the Oppressed: 30th Anniversary Edition" by Paulo Freire but alas cannot find it.
Tried Addall and similar sources, even did a torrent search (some scary stuff appeared). How will a more experience E-book reader do in a situation like this? Give up? Buy a paper edition and OCR it?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It is apparently not available legally as an ebook.

My suggestion is your suggestion: Buy a copy.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I am leaning towards doing that. With my luck it will be like the Kindle, two days after finishing the OCR, proofing and formatting, it will be available for $0.99.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Looks like the publisher does do some ebooks. Maybe contact them and see if anything's coming???

Quote:
US Office

The Continuum International Publishing Group
80 Maiden Lane
Suite 704
New York
NY 10038
Tel: +1 212 953 5858
Fax: +1 212 953 5944
Email: info@continuum-books.com

UK Office

The Continuum International Publishing Group
The Tower Building
11 York Road
London
SE1 7NX
Tel: +44 (0)20 7922 0880
Fax: +44 (0)20 7928 7894
Email: info@continuumbooks.com
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Done & done!

Will be interesting to see if I receive a reply.
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
Done & done!

Will be interesting to see if I receive a reply.
Yeah, it's worth a shot. Some publishers are really good about responding while others don't even give a courtesy reply.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
bitemeok
Connoisseur
bitemeok began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
While it's not the book, there are a lot of articles about the book and Freire's theories available for free download here:

http://www.freireproject.org/Critica...y_Reading_Room
bitemeok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #8
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Hi Kumabjorn,

I don't know about the 30th Anniversary Edition, but it seems easy to find Penguin and other editions. For example, here.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #9
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic

Thanks for the links.
The Penguin books were not exactly digital. I began looking at it in a used bookstore here in town and liked it so I thought I should have it in my Kindle.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
I have been looking for Bless Me Ultima for the kindle or in any format really. I can always change the format if I need it. Has anyone been able to come across it as an ebook?
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 01:06 AM   #11
v1k1ng1001
Addict
v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 620
There is no small amount of irony in the fact that we are on our computers, comfortably discussing how best to purchase a Post-Colonial, Marxist/Fanonian analysis of the social and political disenfranchisement of illiterates from various corporations so that we can leisurely consume them on the devices made possible by the economic oppression of third world laborers.

This is a book you have to steal--I mean liberate--from the used book store. After reading it you have to smash your devices, give away the rest of your possessions and start the revolution.

Good luck!
v1k1ng1001 is offline   Reply With Quote