Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
laurence
laurence began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS 600
Smile Joyeux Noel!

Hello

is somebody speaking french??

My english is so bad, I'm afraid to be unable to read all your threads...

My Ebook is working well, but I can't install the Ebook library..

Help??

laurence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi laurence and welcome to MobileRead. If you have not already done so, try posting your question in the French section. And your English is MUCH better than my French.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
Salut et bienvenue!
Here they like to call ebook readers "liseuse" ... you might like that
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #4
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Welcome!

My French was better than my English before we moved to Australia 20+ years ago...

I'm looking to read some easy-read french books on my reader.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 03:26 AM   #5
laurence

hello and....happy new year !!

i'll try to improve my english with you

i'm not yet an expert with my ebook (i don't like "liseuse"...in French, it s also a sort of clothes, for very old grand mothers...!)

you are looking for easy french books....i m looking for easy english one...we can helph each other

if I find something, I'll make you know

best wishes for 2010

I resolved the probleme with ebook library (the downloaded was overload on Chrsitmas)

Last edited by laurence; 01-01-2010 at 03:31 AM.
Advert
Old 01-01-2010, 03:37 AM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Greetings, Laurence, and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurence View Post
... i don't like "liseuse"...in French, it s also a sort of clothes, for very old grand mothers...! ...
There are folks here who hold that term in almost religious reverence. It would be easier to get a Calvinist to renounce three of the Five Points than to get them to use the word "e-reader".

Quote:
... you are looking for easy french books....i m looking for easy english one...we can helph each other ...
What kind of books are you interested in?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:43 AM   #7
laurence

OK, I don't use the word "liseuse", but I don't mind if someone does... (Let's Calvin sleeping for ever...lol)
I prefer to say "mon Livre", with an capital "L"

I like detective novel,
I read Somerset Maugham novels, I enjoyed

if you have some ideas/links....thanks

Last edited by laurence; 01-01-2010 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #8
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
... I like detective novel,
I read Somerset Maugham novels, I enjoyed

if you have some ideas/links....thanks
You can find many of Somerset Maugham's works in e-book formats by searching http://inkmesh.com/. There are even a few free Maugham books available from this site. Just type "Somerset Maugham" into the search link at the top of this page.

If I were attempting to polish my foreign language skills, I'd go with short stories. Here are a couple of short story collections from Agatha Christie you may like, along with links to the Sony store:

The Thirteen Problems (Miss Marple Mysteries) by Agatha Christie

Poirot Investigates (Hercule Poirot Mysteries) by Agatha Christie
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:04 AM   #9
laurence

thanks for the links

I'd prefer free links, but I can buy some of them