Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
You can't blame america though, the tv producers are the ones that keep making these shows and judging by the fact that most of them only last one season, it doesn't seem like america are that interested.
America? I think their target demographic is a wee bit smaller. Say... teenage girsl? Who are likely to have a very short attention span. Jumping from what's cool this week to what's cool next week

Guess what I get to look forward to in about 8-9 years
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:12 AM   #17
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Yeah, Angel was good, but it was Art Wallace's series that I first remember (and that was in reruns). I'll give 64 karma points (my max) to anyone that can tell me what series he did.
Dark Shadows?
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #18
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I'm old enough that I watched Dark Shadows when it first came outand I actually liked it. I hadn't seen anything else of that ilk that appealed to me until Blood Ties came out. Unfortunately, it must not have had much viewership since it too has gone by the wayside.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #19
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
i didn't like angel, and gave up buffy halfway through or so, but i would have willingly liked true blood if only they hadn't changed the entire charlaine-a-verse (did i say that?) around in the ways that they did. i hear that soon we may be having an anita blake tv movie from lionsgate, too.
The changes in season 1 was annoying since you still could compare to the books. In season 2 the changes are so big so it is easier to see the TV series as something totally disconnected from the books.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote