Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 02:17 PM   #46
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Ravenne, what a frustrating experience, but your story made me laugh

My own experience is quite the opposite. I have been asked questions a couple of times in the subway, and in each case the person seemed to know already what it was (after all, they had seen me reading it). They wanted to know how many books it could hold (I have no idea), and whether I liked it (I do!!!!). It didn't happen very often but in the Paris métro it's pretty unusual. No doubt many more people have been dying to ask me but didn't dare do it

On the other hand, at work people seemed politely interested, no more.

Florence
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #47
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
On the other hand, at work people seemed politely interested, no more.

Florence
Yeah, those are the most dangerous!
Don't let them get to you!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2008, 06:24 PM   #48
Boeboe
Boeboe began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
“Who the hell would buy such a thing?”
That's actually the most common response I've gotten so far: "you paid that much and it's ONLY for reading books?!".

People at my previous job seemed to love it though: we had a bunch of manga fans and I showed off one of my converted mangas to demonstrate the capabilities of the cybook
Boeboe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #49
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeboe View Post
That's actually the most common response I've gotten so far: "you paid that much and it's ONLY for reading books?!".
Now ask some of these women how much they paid for their shoes!

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 AM   #50
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Now ask some of these women how much they paid for their shoes!

BOb
Hehe.... "You paid THAT much and it is only for WALKING in them???!?!??!"
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #51
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Likewise I'd not make a deal if people call the wrong brand name (like calling it a kindle), but I will make sure they know it's an e-reader; meant for reading electronic books.
I really would try to avoid the term "e-reader" if I were you. It can cause immense confusion with the eBook format called "eReader", especially when people go onto a site like FictionWise which will "recommend" eReader format to you (because they own it). We have had numerous cases of people with Sony Readers, etc, buying eReader-format books because they think that they own an "eReader"!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:13 AM   #52
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
I've been using the term "Book with battery" once in a while - at least it explains that it's electronic and used for reading
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:02 AM   #53
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Thats actually a pretty good idea.... Have to get a second cover that I can do that to. Don't want to mess up my original cover
Maybe you might ask BeBook for a cover with that on it. Point out that you will be a reading (not walking) billboard in the Stockholm metro for their product. They could write it off as advertising, which is it, and should generate more sales for them..... (This is what I call "good advertising", helping people to learn about a new product.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #54
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Hehe.... "You paid THAT much and it is only for WALKING in them???!?!??!"
Spending money on shoes is a natural thing - it´s in the job description. Running around with a 280 €-some-kind-of-book isn´t.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:20 AM   #55
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
I've been using the term "Book with battery" once in a while - at least it explains that it's electronic and used for reading
How about "library to go" or "pocket-library". Probably too trivial. Or what about some abbreviations, such as
"This is a fadefeabl" (favourite device for early adopting book lovers) or
"Do you want to have a look at my frobili?" (for reading only but I like it).
For people who won´t stop asking questions about it, it could be a suimrab (shut up, I´m reading a book). O.k, much too confusing though...
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #56
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
How about "library to go" or "pocket-library". Probably too trivial. Or what about some abbreviations, such as
For people who won´t stop asking questions about it, it could be a suimrab (shut up, I´m reading a book).
O.k, much too confusing though...
!!!! i love those names !!!
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:44 AM   #57
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
For people who won´t stop asking questions about it, it could be a suimrab (shut up, I´m reading a book). O.k, much too confusing though...
Brilliant - especially suimrab
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:59 AM   #58
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Spending money on shoes is a natural thing - it´s in the job description. Running around with a 280 €-some-kind-of-book isn´t.
Yes, but I, as a man, buy a pair of shoes, wear them for 2 years until they wear out, then go and buy another pair and do the same thing.

I've noticed that people of the female persuasion appear to consider it necessary to own more than one pair of shoes at a time - something which is clearly an unnecessary extravagance .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #59
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've noticed that people of the female persuasion appear to consider it necessary to own more than one pair of shoes at a time - something which is clearly an unnecessary extravagance .
It's definitely neccesary - putting wet shoes on the next day is grim

(I have slightly more than two pairs of shoes...)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #60
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
It's definitely neccesary - putting wet shoes on the next day is grim

(I have slightly more than two pairs of shoes...)
Yes thank you, I have one of those at home as well

I have... hmm well, I do have more than 1 pair of shoes, but thats more on a basis of, I need a warm pair, a comfy pair, a pair that'll keep my footsies dry when I walk the doggies etc.

Not the way wifey buys shoes which is more ... "I need those, cause they look good on me!", not that I would ever argue with her about it, I value my health too much
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote