Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
PDF / Reflow Woes

So, I have "The Lies of Locke Lamora" on Secure Adobe 7.0 (Fictionwise) running the new firmware...(HATE PDF, I just want to try the new reflow)

..Has anyone else noticed any oddities with their PDF viewing experiences?

There's a map image on the first page and when I try to go to that page the reader seems to freeze up on me and then skip over the image real quick..I also don't think I'm able to get it to reflow entirely?

Do PDF text images still look really really really tiny to anyone else?

Is this a sony error or the publishers?
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Jaxx6166--

From what I've read, the new reflow option for PDF only changes the size of text, not images, so any "text images" won't be changed. Also the reflow only works on a per page basis, not on the document as a whole. Because of this, you can get a lot of "half pages" in your books. I just finished reading a Secure Adobe book that I checked out from my local library on line. Because of the above reasons, the formatting wasn't real pretty, but I'm not complaining because now I can download books from my library for free.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert