Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 06:56 AM   #1
drlolly
drlolly began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Sharing content to Calibre from iPad

I just learnt how to share content from Calibre to iPad using content server and now I want to look through a my iBook library on my iPad so I can send it back to my computer by opening Safari and putting my iPad's IP address in but it doesn't seem to work. What other steps do I need to take. What numbers like /8080 do I need to add so the content can be shared?
((The reason I need to do this as I have a new computer and can't sync the iPad to the new one yet until I am sure all its content won't be deleted.))

Has anyone done this and how can I achieve it?
drlolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You can't do this easily.

You can try connecting your iDevice, opening iTunes, then File|Transfer purchases, which should pull your books from the iDevice to iTunes. Then, from iTunes, you can drag from the Library|Books folder to your desktop, then add the books to calibre.

There may also be some third-party apps that will pull media from an iDevice.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert