Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-31-2014, 10:44 AM   #196
jeffbar
Fly me a Kite
jeffbar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
problem solved.

Last edited by jeffbar; 01-31-2014 at 12:06 PM.
jeffbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #197
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbar View Post
problem solved.
Was it something I need to look into for future versions of the plugin? Or was the problem totally unrelated to the plugin?
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 PM   #198
jeffbar
Fly me a Kite
jeffbar began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paper White
I duno. I PMed you. Thanks for ur reply.
jeffbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:34 AM   #199
smthlowy
smthlowy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
Hello,thanks for the plugin first
I used it to unpack hundreds of azw3 to epub, and it always works well

but in the past fews days, i met two azw3 files
when you use this plugin to convert
there are sever pictures in the azw3 file cannot be extracted to the epub
(I use the new azw3 edit function of the calibre, and could find there are 8x pic in the azw3, but only 4x pics in the converted epub)
and the pic code in the new epub is about below:
src="kindle:embed:0005?mime=image/jpg

can you solve the problem?
i can give the two original azw3 files
smthlowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #200
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smthlowy View Post
Hello,thanks for the plugin first
I used it to unpack hundreds of azw3 to epub, and it always works well

but in the past fews days, i met two azw3 files
when you use this plugin to convert
there are sever pictures in the azw3 file cannot be extracted to the epub
(I use the new azw3 edit function of the calibre, and could find there are 8x pic in the azw3, but only 4x pics in the converted epub)
and the pic code in the new epub is about below:
src="kindle:embed:0005?mime=image/jpg

can you solve the problem?
i can give the two original azw3 files
There are oftentimes images included in a kindlebook that aren't actually referenced anywhere in the KF8 markup. If you unpack the book to a folder (unpack--as opposed to just retrieving the ePub output), you'll find all the images in the 'Image' folder in the 'mobi7' directory. The ones that aren't referenced in the KF8 markup don't get added to the resulting ePub package. Mobi7 and KF8 share all images, so KindleUnpack copies an image from the Mobi7 'Image' folder (even if it's a KF8-only book) whenever that image is referenced in the KF8 markup. Those images not referenced don't get copied and don't make it into the epub (but they can always be found in the mobi7 folder). They're usually unreferenced thumbnails and/or errata that was manifested in the original source, but not removed before building the Kindlebook

Calibre-edit appears to include all images (whether referenced or not) when exploding the binary ebook for editing.

If there are some "kindle:embed:XXXX" constructs falling through the cracks, I'd love to see some examples to work with. But I won't ask anyone to post copyrighted material.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-24-2014 at 05:21 PM.
Advert
Old 04-26-2014, 03:34 PM   #201
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated to version 0.65.0 (I've been slacking )

Should now match the version of the core standalone code (v0.65). Changes to the core code (since my last update) include:

- support RTL books and to properly parse the RESC and extract more information from the spine.
- basic cover page creation.
- properly handle unicode command lines, and support for more jpeg types
- minor bug fixes.

(some changes may have no bearing on the plugin version of KindleUnpack)

Thanks to KevinH and tkeo for most of the recent contributions to the underlying core of KindleUnpack.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:02 AM   #202
smthlowy
smthlowy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
the new version plugin have solved the problem
thanks very much!
smthlowy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:50 PM   #203
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Updated to version 0.65.0 (I've been slacking )

Should now match the version of the core standalone code (v0.65). Changes to the core code (since my last update) include:

- support RTL books and to properly parse the RESC and extract more information from the spine.
- basic cover page creation.
- properly handle unicode command lines, and support for more jpeg types
- minor bug fixes.

(some changes may have no bearing on the plugin version of KindleUnpack)

Thanks to KevinH and tkeo for most of the recent contributions to the underlying core of KindleUnpack.
When can we expect the next update to keep the plugin updated? 0.67 has been announced here... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=759
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #204
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Updated to match the main KindleUnpack version.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #205
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Updated to match the main KindleUnpack version.
Thank you for that. But now it's time to do it once again. 0.71 has just been released.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 PM   #206
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thank you for that. But now it's time to do it once again. 0.71 has just been released.
Big changes in 0.71. Might take me a bit to verify that the plug 'n' play nature of my plugin is still intact, and all still plays nicely with the core functions/parameters. I'll get to it just as soon as I can, though.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:26 PM   #207
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Big changes in 0.71. Might take me a bit to verify that the plug 'n' play nature of my plugin is still intact, and all still plays nicely with the core functions/parameters. I'll get to it just as soon as I can, though.
Thank you. I hope it's not too big a job.
Old 06-22-2014, 05:53 AM   #208
mbmr
mbmr began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Anyone have the 0.65 version of the plugin?

The 0.67 is buggy in Calibre 1.41, the icon keeps dissapearing from main menu
mbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:22 AM   #209
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmr View Post

There's nothing I can think of in the plugin code that could cause that. But even if I'm wrong, going back to 0.65 probably won't help. The basic framework of the plugin hasn't really changed since the beginning. Only the unpacking code has changed.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:39 AM   #210
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmr View Post

@mbmr - Maybe its disappearing from view, if there's a closing duck-foot quote '»' at the right end of the menu bar, click it, then the disappeared icons should appear.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi