Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #166
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by viviena View Post
Has anybody bought any flip-style cases? I'm eyeing this one at the moment, but if anybody knows of other flip-over cases from other companies, I'd be keen to consider them -- an eBay search didn't turn up much. Especially happy if anybody knows of nice green ones.
I have a similar MEdge one for my Eco eclipse (same size as Sony 350). it's made for the Sony but fits the eclipse better. It's quite bulky, but a good case for travelling as there's lots of padding, my only complaint is that it holds the screen a bit too vertically for my eyes and glasses. Mostly I use my readezy bookstand, which is light, adjustable and fits most books and ereaders. Just google it to see what I'm talking about.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:58 AM   #167
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
Sweet. Though I'd be worried about nothing hard protecting my screen. Still funky case.
Yeah I'm a bit worried about that I kept the foam insert that came with the packaging to use as extra cushioning lol

I might get a case but I really like the feel of the kobo's back (and don't want to always have to take it out of the case)

Last edited by IxiaAurea; 09-08-2011 at 02:05 AM.
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 AM   #168
Geco
Zealot
Geco doesn't litterGeco doesn't litter

Device: Touch, Aura
Chapters Ingido have very cool cases... but too expensive, considering Italian VAT and shipping costs.
My colleague and I have bought a Kobo Touch from Swindon Books (Hong Kong) with quite few shipping and we're evaluating the SkinDigital cases, with free shipping worldwide.

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/cate...eReader-Touch/

Pretty sad these do not have a pocket for USB cable but... they're nice and cheap.
Geco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:31 AM   #169
IxiaAurea
Connoisseur
IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.IxiaAurea could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geco View Post
Chapters Ingido have very cool cases... but too expensive, considering Italian VAT and shipping costs.
My colleague and I have bought a Kobo Touch from Swindon Books (Hong Kong) with quite few shipping and we're evaluating the SkinDigital cases, with free shipping worldwide.

http://www.skindigitalstore.com/cate...eReader-Touch/

Pretty sad these do not have a pocket for USB cable but... they're nice and cheap.
I'm eyeing the purple one! If you do buy, please review!
IxiaAurea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:38 AM   #170
Geco
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IxiaAurea View Post
I'm eyeing the purple one! If you do buy, please review!
Not yet sure which one of the two blacks I'll buy. Maybe the vertical one... let's see in few days. Then I'll surely review.
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #171
evrdazed
evrdazed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by molman View Post
You get the leather-ish (folio) one, or the hardback book style one? I'm curious about the later.
I got the hard book style one. The leather one actually feels a bit cheap. THe hard book style one is nice in the hand and perdy to look at.

Last edited by evrdazed; 09-08-2011 at 06:09 PM.
evrdazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #172
JedV
Kobo Toucher
JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.JedV is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evrdazed View Post
I got the hard book style one. The leather one actually feels a bit cheap. THe hard book style one is nice in the had and perdy to look at.
I bought this one too, in 'Iron' the colour shown above. It's great overall, but it does add some weight to the KT. I just finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with the case on, and am totally satisfied with the feel the case provides. In my opinion, the KT is easier to hold in this case with its soft texture (the front cover flips back very easily).

Also of note, the home button on my KT comes nowhere near the bottom edge of the case as shown in the product pictures. The home button, and the power slider are easily accessible. There is also a cut-out for the micro USB connector.

The power LED is completely blocked by this case, but that is a minor inconvenience.
JedV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:08 PM   #173
evrdazed
evrdazed began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
I bought this one too, in 'Iron' the colour shown above. It's great overall, but it does add some weight to the KT. I just finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo with the case on, and am totally satisfied with the feel the case provides. In my opinion, the KT is easier to hold in this case with its soft texture (the front cover flips back very easily).

Also of note, the home button on my KT comes nowhere near the bottom edge of the case as shown in the product pictures. The home button, and the power slider are easily accessible. There is also a cut-out for the micro USB connector.

The power LED is completely blocked by this case, but that is a minor inconvenience.
Another note is that when you have cover flipped back, the elastic can be used to keep it from flapping around, making it easy for one handed use.
evrdazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #174
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I just bought this one off Ebay. I like that it's real leather, that's one of the reasons I went with that one.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #175
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
They sell them here too. Also with free shipping.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #176
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
I have been looking at that cover also, but wondered if the closer flap would get in the way of the screen. Maybe it can be tucked back underneath the back of the case?
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 AM   #177
Geco
Zealot

Just bought this: http://cgi.ebay.it/Cover-Up-Kobo-eRe...item27bd30c564 let's see when arrives...
Old 09-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #178
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Just bought this: http://cgi.ebay.it/Cover-Up-Kobo-eRe...item27bd30c564 let's see when arrives...
Yes, I got one of those just recently.
I did a review here about it.
http://www.chaos8.com/wordpress/?p=246
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 05:37 AM   #179
Geco
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by danskmacabre View Post
Yes, I got one of those just recently.
I did a review here about it.
http://www.chaos8.com/wordpress/?p=246
Cool! One question (cannot heard your comments in office...): does it have a plastic transparent screen protector or the leather container is empty?
Old 09-09-2011, 06:08 AM   #180
danskmacabre
Guru
danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danskmacabre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo. Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Quote:
Cool! One question (cannot heard your comments in office...): does it have a plastic transparent screen protector or the leather container is empty?
No screen protector, it's just an empty hole for the screen.
danskmacabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, kobo, touch case stand easel