Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-25-2008, 04:42 AM   #16
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Oh, I don't doubt that. I really marvel at your generosity at sharing something that must be so time-consuming for you.. all for free for all of us. and if 160 really is the # of $ raised.. well, it surprises me that it's so low. so many of us love calibre to pieces.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Remember, there are some of us who did chip in to help get a 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #18
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, I didn't know that. Very cool!
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 PM   #19
Mitchll
Cave Dweller
Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Mitchll once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ipad Sony reader prs-505 prs-900
with pleasure

I've received incredible value from Kovid and Calibre....with pleasure I have added $60 to bring it up to $250

We should stop taking this work for granted.

Thanks for a great prog.
Mitchll
Mitchll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:20 PM   #20
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Much appreciated, I have to say that it is this community of users that makes developing calibre such a pleasure. It's a great feeling to do work that is appreciated to the extent that people are willing to spend their time to report bugs/submit patches *and* their money to support development.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:45 PM   #21
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Stuck at $160 since 06-19. Now that the PRS-505 reads ePub I hope others will Chipin at

http://calibre.chipin.com/epub-support-for-calibre
Donated just now
Your wish is my command!

Kovid!

Tim
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #22
seajewel
Fanatic

Finally made good on my own promise. Thanks, Kovid.
Old 08-05-2008, 02:52 AM   #23
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
Im in for 20.00.
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:44 PM   #24
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Sweet! Getting closer to that $500 mark every day.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #25
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've finished implementing the first step for html2epub (a recursive HTML traversing engine).
Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #26
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Nice! Looking forward to beta testing this.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #27
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
I'm using calibre o.483 on a mac. Try as I may, I have found no way to change the output format of converted files.
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 AM   #28
scottsan
Connoisseur

I'm using calibre 0.483 on a macbook and I have not been able to find where to change the output format setting.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:53 AM   #29
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

that's because at the moment calibre supports only LRF output
Old 08-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #30
scottsan
Connoisseur

That's what I thought, but after reading your message:

To clarify:

calibre does not and will not ever have a "standard format"

Adding epub support to calibre means two things:

1) Implementing the *2lrf converters
2) Allowing the user to set epub as the desired output format instead of LRF in the GUI

I began to think otherwise.

I will wait for the new version to use the epub format, and do my best to donate as soon as possible.

As a strictly GUI user with no programming knowledge what you do amazes me!