Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
stgben
Enthusiast
stgben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle
eBook Store 3.0: Mac OS X Support and more!

Sony announced the release of eBook Store 3.0 today:

Quote:
Dear Fellow Reader,

The eBook Store from Sony is pleased to announce the release of the eBook Library Software version 3.0 for the PC and for compatible Macintosh® OS X computers.

In addition to Macintosh® OS X operating system support, the eBook Library Software 3.0 release includes many new and updated features to improve management of your eBook titles and personal documents:

* We've added support for the new Sony Reader Pocket Edition™ and Reader Touch Edition™
* The eBook Library 3.0 has native support for authorizing Adobe® DRM-protected content (Note: Adobe ID required)
* We've improved our eBook Library user interface experience
* We've improved support for EPUB and PDF content reading
* The eBook Library 3.0 allows exporting of your personal notes
* We've added support for importing files in Microsoft .DOCX format
* And numerous improvements to enhance stability and performance

Visit The eBook Store today for more details and to download your free update of the new eBook Library Software 3.0*.

Get started now ( http://ebookstore.sony.com/download/ )

Thank you,

Your Friends at The eBook Store
Note that PRS-500 support is not available on Mac OS X.

So... Linux support in the near future?
stgben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgben View Post
So... Linux support in the near future?
I highly doubt it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 06:13 PM   #3
nwinter
Zealot
nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nwinter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony PS-505, Iphone and about to add a Kindle DX
Question, is there a Mac section for mobile read anywhere? Now that Sony has the programme available there will be people with issues like mine where I had to change the country setting on the Mac to be able to use it. Just would be easier than wading through the mountains of posts trying to find a mac solving one for now and in the future.

Natalie
nwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
dgillette.rm
Connoisseur
dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'dgillette.rm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
The thing that gets me is that the links to the software were posted on this forum days ago but the email from Sony just arrived today. What gives?
dgillette.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 PM   #5
Ankh
Guru
Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ankh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgillette.rm View Post
The thing that gets me is that the links to the software were posted on this forum days ago but the email from Sony just arrived today. What gives?
MR users are a final testing ground for Sony.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #6
jpengelly
jpengelly began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
I got the impression from the Sony email and their web page that the eBook Library 3.x would support both VISTA 64 and the PRS-500. I still don't find drivers for my venerable PRS-500 for V-64. I searched the forums and found some discussions, but no joy - can anyone help, or do I need to keep my XP machine for my books?
jpengelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
EBL 3.0 does run on Vista 64. It also supports PRS-500, but only on 32-bit OSes.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote