Notices

Old 09-07-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
DMee
Zealot
DMee began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, iphone, kindle
Question Clean up crud in Library folders

OK, weird one here.

I have my calibre library on dropbox and all was fine until I turned on a laptop I haven't used in a while - Dropbox set off updating/downloading thousands of files - fine, but I noticed it was UPLOADING hundreds of files too??

I can only think these will be books that I have previously edited and this computer is thinking that, as they don't exist it needs to upload them??? Weird...

Anyhow, it would appear I now potentially have hundreds of files there that are not needed.

So I thought..... if I move the library within Calibre then wipe Dropbox folders, then move back.... would that work????

Or do I have to "Save to Disc", wipe Calibre library, re-import??

Or should I just live with the fact that there's crud files in the directories :-)
DMee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You could always trty running the Calibre Check Library (under Library maintenace) which will tell you what crud files exist.

Another possibility is to tell Calibre to move the library to another folder. This will move all the files it knows about and leave the rest behind.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMee View Post
I can only think these will be books that I have previously edited and this computer is thinking that, as they don't exist it needs to upload them??? Weird...
When you delete files on one client using Dropbox, they get deleted on all the others as well. So, no, I don't think that's the case here.

Quote:
Anyhow, it would appear I now potentially have hundreds of files there that are not needed.
How did you determine the files aren't, in fact, needed?

Do a library check. That's always good advice.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote