Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #1
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
Webroot: rs.gwallet.com a known threat

I just want to give everyone here a heads up that I am receiving a warning from Webroot SecureAnywhere every time rs.gwallet.com comes up as an advertiser on this site. I have come to trust Webroot ... it has stopped several malicious code attacks that my Norton 360 hasn't even picked up. The warning is rather non-specific:

"Warning! rs.gwallet.com This website contains a known threat and has been blocked."

I am then given the choice of exiting or continuing. If I elect to exit, the MobileRead website is dropped. If I elect to Continue, I receive a warning from Webroot that this may result in an infection from rs.gwallet.com. After several minutes (as much as a half hour) of trying to get into MobileRead, it appears that rs.gwallet.com is eventually rotated out of the advertisement stream and I am able to get onto MobileRead and view the forums and download the epubs.

Has anyone else experienced this same warning?
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You shouldn't be see any advertising if you're a registered member of the site.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I didn't even think about it. Harry is right, long-time members shouldn't see any advertisement at all nor should any advertising code be loaded.

The URL you reported seems to belong to a company called RadiumOne (http://radiumone.com/). Now, we don't have direct advertisement with that company but it's likely that they partner with Google through the AdWords program. I don't know why Webroot SecureAnywhere would report and block their URL, and I don't know why it triggers the alert for you when you visit MobileRead since, as Harry pointed out, you shouldn't see any advertisement at all when you're logged in as a user.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
For what it's worth, both Norton and SiteAdvisor give rs.gwallet.com a clean bill of health.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rs-gwallet-com.PNG
Views:	524
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	94459  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I didn't realize that ... I often come to the site for a quick look without logging in. Guess I'll have to change that habit and see what happens.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #6
frquixote
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
For what it's worth, both Norton and SiteAdvisor give rs.gwallet.com a clean bill of health.

As I mentioned above, I had noticed that Norton wasn't flagging the site, but I also have Webroot SecureAnywhere installed and it is consistent in flagging rs.gwallet.com . I think I'll just start logging in every time I come to MobileRead in order to avoid the advertising altogether.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I haven't had any experience with Webroot SecureAnywhere, although I note that you said you've come to trust it, but McAfee's SiteAdvisor is notorious for giving false positives, but in this case the site was given an okay. It would be nice to know why SecureAnywhere put it in their untrusted column.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:38 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
I didn't realize that ... I often come to the site for a quick look without logging in. Guess I'll have to change that habit and see what happens.
If you check the "Remember Me" box when you log in, you won't have to; the system will keep you logged in automatically.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote