Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #1
yeeyoh
yeeyoh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
Kobo wifi not being reconised by windows 7

Hi,
I've had this Kobo wifi version for about 2 and a half weeks. I really like it and find it very easy on the eyes for reading, the only thing I don't like about it is how all the latest updates seem to be in the touch screen model which I have no interest in.
Anyway about a day or so ago I noticed my reader would only be recognized after plugging it into the usb cable every third try or so. Now (today) it doesn't seem to want to recognize it at all.
I'm reading a lot of news feeds that I'm downloading through calibre and I suppose I might be able to do this with the wireless on the device through my computer but I think I should be still be able to use the usb cable option since the device is not even a month old...
Just to mention I do know I'm supposed to select manage books at the first screen and I'm quite computer literate.
Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. I just tried resetting the device with a pin in the back and that doesn't seem to have helped at all....
Thanks,
Yeeyoh
yeeyoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
When this sort of thing is intermittent, it is often a hardware issue. There are a few possibilities. The USB port on your reader may have developed problems with the internal connections. Your USB cable may have "issues". The port on your computer may be wonky.

You can rule out the last two by trying another cable or a different computer port on your usual machine. Be sure to try using the ports on the back of the computer. You can also see if your Kobo is recognized on an entirely different computer (with a new cable or the same one).

If things are the same regardless of cable, port, or computer, then it is likely the reader itself.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
I had the same problem with my Sony recently - solved it by deauthorizing it with the software and reauthorizing it again.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeyoh View Post
Hi,
I've had this Kobo wifi version for about 2 and a half weeks. I really like it and find it very easy on the eyes for reading, the only thing I don't like about it is how all the latest updates seem to be in the touch screen model which I have no interest in.
FWIW, the Kobo WiFi is about two years old. Although it is still supported, I would not hold my breath waiting for updates. At one point, Kobo had planned to add some of the social features in, but that may no longer be in the cards.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote