Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
what is the purpose of telling Calibre what your device is?

I have two devices. I read on a Cybook Gen 3 (currently set to use .mobi) and DH reads on a Kobo. I've set up Calibre with the Kobo as the reading device. I maintain the book library in the house.

Since Kobo is the default device...if I plug in my Cybook and load books into the device will Calibre load epubs since that's what the Kobo takes?

Or is that default device preference for some other purpose?

If the default would be to send an epub: how do I get it to send a mobi? Do I need to save a mobi to disk?

Or should I just switch my firmware so that my Cybook reads epubs

Thanks for your help!
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the device information is used to calculate the screen size of the target device for resizing images so that they fit. It really only matters for comics.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
rheostaticsfan
Zealot
rheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enoughrheostaticsfan will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, iOS, Blackberry, Sony DPT (pdfs)
So if I connect my Cybook and click send to device it will send a mobi despite the default device needing epubs? (assuming both file types are available in its database)
rheostaticsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote