Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Sheebrook
Kindle 2 user since Feb09
Sheebrook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 original
Anyone with a U.S. only K2 have whispersync access outside the U.S?

I have the original K2 with U.S. whispersync access where I live beside the U.S. border, however when travelling in Canada I have no access at all, not even to the Wiki.

Does anyone using the original K2 have whyspersync access outside the U.S.? I know there are lots of us out there, who purchased before it was availabe in our countries, ie Canada like me.

I'm considering upgrading to the K2i if I can't get whispersync on my K2 original in Canada, although I might wait for the K3.
Sheebrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
mobelby
Zealot
mobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't littermobelby doesn't litter

Device: eeepc 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheebrook View Post
I'm considering upgrading to the K2i if I can't get whispersync on my K2 original in Canada, although I might wait for the K3.
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm thinking of selling my k2 us and getting the k3 when it comes out but I'm also debating whether an iphone with retina plus the ipad will be enough.

I've actually read more books on the iphone than my K2 now
mobelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
US K2 uses Sprint. International K2 uses AT&T. That is why it doesn't work outside the US (or in a couple states within the US). It only works where Sprint has coverage.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Sheebrook
Kindle 2 user since Feb09
Sheebrook began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 original
K2 only on sprint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
US K2 uses Sprint. International K2 uses AT&T. That is why it doesn't work outside the US (or in a couple states within the US). It only works where Sprint has coverage.
OK, that makes sense. I am getting an ipad but love my kindle and wish the whispersync would work in the car in Canada like it does in the U.S.

I'll either be getting a K2i or waiting for the K3.

In the meantime, I wish I knew when the update would roll out to the Kindle U.S. I see posts to the 2.5 bin file for the K2i but not for the original K2.
Sheebrook is offline   Reply With Quote