Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-19-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Questions for the Brits.

Just as a check before I spend money...

What adapters are you using to charge your iLiad?
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #2
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
I'm just using a 2 prong Euro->3 prong UK adaptor that we had lying around. the actual charger itself is 110-240V so all you need to do is adapt the prongs. A shaver adapter should do the job if you haven't got one of those handy.
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #3
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thats what I wanted to check.

And as luck would have it I do indeed have one available.

Thanks very much for the answer
Old 07-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
this looks nice
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
Riocaz

I also have one of those. But it won't work due to the shape of the adapter.
Advert
Old 07-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #6
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
hmm, something to add to a FAQ
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #7
Roceh
Roceh began at the beginning.

Whats the connector going into the power brick, is it molded in or is a small figure of 8 style connector, or maybe a custom connector?
Roceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:11 PM   #8
stinky ox
Connoisseur
stinky ox began at the beginning.

Device: samsung q1, iLiad
it's not a separate brick with a wire coming out each end like a lappy PSU... it's a small wall-wart-style PSU with a bit where you can slide in any of the supplied prong adapters. There are 3 but unfortunately none of them are British.
stinky ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky ox
...wall-wart-style....
HA! I like that -- I've been calling them "wall-bricks."
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
Riocaz

Sorry I should have explained the reason it wouldn't work. Not just leave it like that.

I was desperate to get out of the office before something else "came up"