Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Brand, Max: The Untamed

Max Brand (1892-1944)
The Untamed (1919 All-Story Weekly)

This is the first of four books with Whistlin' Dan Barry.

1. The Untamed
2. The Night Horseman
3. The Seventh Man

I saw Max Brand mentioned in a post by DrDribb a few days ago and decided I was in the mood for a Western. It turned out that The Untamed was a very entertaining read.

Max Brand is one of the psuedonyms of Frederick Faust a very prolific writer who is said to have written thirty million words during his career. In The Untamed it is easy to see the fictionalized west that will depicted by Hollywood, with heroes and villians that are larger than life and live or die by their own inflexible code of honor.

The Official Max Brand Website where you can find his biography and complete bibliography.

ver-01
Fixed the single line paragraph indents.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp The_Untamed-01.imp (408.3 KB, 367 views)

Last edited by derrell; 05-07-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Added some Information
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 07:59 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Again, nice formatting.

I did note, though, that one/line line paragraphs have no indenting, but three of more line paragraphs do have indenting. Is this an "option"/feature of GutenMark?

Also, if you're creating the .imp from .html using eBook Publisher, you can easily add margins or justify the text by changing the <body> tag, (see here eBook Publisher for more customizations available when using eBook Publisher).

You will note that the header <hr> does not honour the rest of the ebook's margins. I found that if you define the <header> segment AFTER the <body> tag, it will.

Anyways, food for thought.

You're doing great work!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Again, nice formatting.

I did note, though, that one/line line paragraphs have no indenting, but three of more line paragraphs do have indenting. Is this an "option"/feature of GutenMark?
It was an oversite on my part. I missed the single line paragraphs for indenting and didn't even notice it when I read the book. Guess that shows why I'm not a proof reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Also, if you're creating the .imp from .html using eBook Publisher, you can easily add margins or justify the text by changing the <body> tag, (see here eBook Publisher for more customizations available when using eBook Publisher).

You will note that the header <hr> does not honour the rest of the ebook's margins. I found that if you define the <header> segment AFTER the <body> tag, it will.
I had the table that the header is in set for margins of 2em on the sides. Thought that looked alright. Changed it in the ver-01 of the book that I uploaded to 2px. Need to tinker with it some more till I'm happy with how it looks but it works either way.

I know some folks probably don't care for the prev and next links in the header but I've found that it provides a quicker way to get through a book if there is something in it that I want to find again or if I'm looking for a particular chapter be can't remember which one it is.

Also fixed the single line paragraph problem thanks for pointing that out.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Also fixed the single line paragraph problem thanks for pointing that out.
It's even better now!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote