Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
juliet1959
Enthusiast
juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Smile The Secret Keeper - to be published by Harper Collins!

"The Keeper of Secrets" is available as an ebook and paperback in bookstores and ebook distributors. It is a paperback under the William Morrow Imprint of HarperCollins USA and will be available, eventually, in many countries and several language.

Thanks so much for reading.

JULIE THOMAS

Last edited by juliet1959; 05-31-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Updated book info
juliet1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Amazing -- you are not even in the United States and you still limit access to your books by uploading to Amazon but not Smashwords and other ePub ebooksellers! Much of the world's ebook buyers don't buy from Amazon and don't own Kindles.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 AM   #3
juliet1959
Enthusiast
juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.juliet1959 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Richard
It is my plan to do epub next and put them on the other platforms, but it has only been a few days and I am still getting my head around the ebook concept.
I have read many forum posts in other places that advise against Smashwords, so I changed my mind about that one. Most say that they are slow to respond to change requests and to pay. Not that that is a big issue as I'm trying to establish my name so money isn't the goal at the moment.
I want to do Kobo but have to get epub versions of the files first and I'm researching the most effective way to do that. Very much a babe in the woods at this, have been writing for over 30 years, but not selling electronically!
Believe me I will try all the different platforms over time! Thanks for taking the time to respond, appreciate it.

Julie
Old 09-12-2011, 11:30 AM   #4
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliet1959 View Post
............ It is heartbreaking and uplifting and took 7 years to research and write. I would love to know what you think!

Both books are loaded onto amazon.com and the UK site and the DE site. And I have an author page on all three sites as well......JULIE THOMAS
For me, best not to tell prospective readers how they are going to react to your work ? It's OK for others to do it, but is rather off-putting to be told I'm going to find it " heartbreaking and uplifting."
Fairly big ask anyway, but I'd like to decide for myself thanks.....

And I certainly can't find it on Amazon....

Last edited by carpetmojo; 09-12-2011 at 11:31 AM. Reason: stoopid spellink
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Thanks for posting! The books sound great.

Just let us know once you get the other formats squared away. You'll be able to get a lot of help here on Mobileread if you need it.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Sounds interesting, let us know when the ePub comes up, I refuse to buy from Amazon.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
juliet1959
Enthusiast

Carpetmojo

Thank you, sincerely, for the advice. I was a copywriter once (in a former life) and I make these comments without thinking about the reader's reaction. You are quite right it is up to the reader to feel what they feel.

I was a little surprised that you couldn't find it on Amazon UK. I searched Kindle books for JULIE THOMAS and it is the third book that comes up. Here is the link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Secret-K...5853262&sr=1-3

And thank you so much everyone else for the comments. I will have an epub version by the end of the day, where is the best place to put it? I am not eligible for B & N, is Kobo OK? Any advice on Smashwords?
Old 09-12-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I buy most of my books at Smashwords and it is where I would look for your book. BTW, Smashwords also distributes to B&N, Kobo, Amazon, Sony, and Apple, and probably other stores as well, so going via Smashwords could get you into other stores.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
juliet1959
Enthusiast

Richard

Do you buy from the premium list only or the other list as well? Is it absolutely necessary to be on the premium list at Smashwords if people are going to buy from there, as opposed to other places?

Have now got.epub files of both books and have applied to Kobo so will have them as well shortly.

Onward and upward!
Julie
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliet1959 View Post
Richard

Do you buy from the premium list only or the other list as well? Is it absolutely necessary to be on the premium list at Smashwords if people are going to buy from there, as opposed to other places?
Truthfully, I have no idea what differentiates the lists. I simply go to Smashwords and look for books that appeal. As a customer, I'm not given -- at least to my knowledge -- a choice of lists to peruse.

Aren't the lists for authors, not buyers? I thought the premium list meant that Smashwords would act as distributor and get the book into places like Sony and Amazon, not that certain buyers would see the book and others not.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 PM   #11
juliet1959
Enthusiast

Yep, it is some learning curve, but I guess everyone started somewhere!

Am now on Good Reads amd Your Books and am going through the formatting process for Smashwords and waiting for Kobo to come back to me. So eventually intend to be everywhere!!

Cheers for the replies folks, it is heartening

Julie
Old 09-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #12
juliet1959
Enthusiast

Hi guys

Uploaded my book The Secret Keeper to Smashwords this morning and it passed with no errors so is pending review for the Premiere Catalogue.

If you want to look at the Smashword page, you will find it here:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/89165

I am now going to reformat the book of short stories and submit that as well, should be there in a couple of days.

I won't repeat what the book is about, you will find the details in the very first post. Thank you for interest and help, I am indebted.

Cheers
Julie
Old 09-16-2011, 07:23 AM   #13
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding

Thanks. I've added The Secret Keeper to my list of books to buy the next time I buy at Smashwords.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #14
juliet1959
Enthusiast

Cheers Richard

I hope you enjoy it.

Julie
Old 09-17-2011, 04:59 PM   #15
juliet1959
Enthusiast

See top post for update once again!

Last edited by juliet1959; 11-23-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Tags
food, holocaust, music, soviet russia, spies