Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Narrow No-Break Space display

Hi

Please forgive me if this question has already been answered. It's about the display in BookView on Sigil 0.6.2 of the HTML entity  -;
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...202f/index.htm

On Linux with Sigil 0.6 the entity is not displayed, either in CodeView or in BookView and can only be detected in CodeView using the cursor.

On Windows XP SP3 32 bits, using Sigil 0.6.2, the entity is not displayed in CodeView but is flagged with a crossed rectangle in BookView.

Could someone explain me if this is the intended behavior? and if so what is the reason for such a change? Is it to allow the user to detect easily the entity? If this is so, a crossed rectangle may look for the uninformed user like if it was a warning or a mistake...

I join a zip file with three screenshots of the same paragraph
- Windows bookview and codeview
- Linux bookview
Attached Files
File Type: zip Narrow_No-Break_Space_Display.zip (802.6 KB, 308 views)

Last edited by roger64; 12-20-2012 at 06:30 AM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
In bookview that's the "missing character" char. It's displayed whenever there's a character that isn't available in the current font.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
In bookview that's the "missing character" char. It's displayed whenever there's a character that isn't available in the current font.
Thanks for your reply. So there seems to be a - small - problem because the entity is not missing in the font. I added it in the embedded font (thanks to Jellby's expert knowledge) and I can check either with ADE or on a PDF that it's really here because it is correctly displayed.

Last edited by roger64; 12-20-2012 at 06:32 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Is your embedded font working at all in Book View? There's been a long-standing Webkit bug related to embedded fonts is why I'm asking.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
roger64
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Is your embedded font working at all in Book View? There's been a long-standing Webkit bug related to embedded fonts is why I'm asking.
I joined a BookView page screenshot on how display is performed for XP and Linux. The only problem I met so far was the non-display of italics for embedded fonts (they are displayed as regular). Other than that, I know that BookView offers just an visualization help and is not 100% trustworthy.

This "mistake" (the subject of this thread) however seems to be new and that's why I report it.

Last edited by roger64; 12-21-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: not
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What I'm saying is that if it's at all related to font embedding and Book View, it may not be a new issue at all.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
There is a character I met lately that is displayed, sort of. You can delete it, if you can figure out it is there because other characters don't line up like the rest. It can be seen with a hex editor, but not in code view. It may be a webkit bug, though if it were, it should not vary from one version to the other.

There have been threads on this subject, but not in connection with the current version.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote