Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #31
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Not much time to put Voyage by Tom Stoppard into the final poll. A couple of people out there?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #32
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Hello, All.

I have updated the nominations as of 1215 hours today. You can find them in Post #19.

Regards,
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #33
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'd like to see Peer Gynt make the list.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #34
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Ibsen would be a good choice. We read An Enemy of the People in high school. I second Peer Gynt.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM   #35
Condillac
Condillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Not much time to put Voyage by Tom Stoppard into the final poll. A couple of people out there?
I'll use my last nomination to fifth Voyage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'd like to see Peer Gynt make the list.
Me too, I got curious about this play!
Condillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #36
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condillac View Post

Me too, I got curious about this play!
I read it in college, but that was a while ago. *cough*
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:12 PM   #37
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condillac View Post
I'll use my last nomination to fifth Voyage.
There's now four fully nominated books including Peer Gynt, but Voyage only had three so far (I think Vandy may have counted Hamlet53 twice) so Condillac's makes the fourth, so it still needs one more nomination.

I was going to close nominations now, but I won't have time to find blurbs for each nomination to post with the poll until a little later today, so I'll leave it open until I'm about to make the poll in case we get a fifth fully nominated play.

Nominations so far:

Glengarry Glen Ross by David Mamet [3]
The Glass Menagerie by Tennessee Williams [5]
Voyage by Tom Stoppard [4]
Candida by George Bernard Shaw [5]
Rosencrantz And Guildenstern Are Dead by Tom Stoppard [5]
Peer Gynt by Henrik Ibsen [5]

Last edited by sun surfer; 09-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 02:18 PM   #38
Condillac
Condillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmosCondillac has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I read it in college, but that was a while ago. *cough*
I got curious when I've read Theory of Modern Drama by Peter Szondi . It has one chapter about Ibsen and he focus on another play (Borkman). I've never had time to read Ibsen, so now it would be a good time to start reading it.
Condillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:30 PM   #39
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
...And nominations are now closed, and the poll will be up shortly.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book club, literary, literature, nominations, plays