Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 PM   #1
gamerthegirl
gamerthegirl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Book Information Displayed

I used Calibre to transfer my collection of books to my Nook Color, but when I go through the different ways to view my books none of them show the series information of the book(like which book in the series it is). Does it every show the series info or am I doing something wrong?
gamerthegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
I don't think that it shows the series information anywhere but you can add the following in your sending to devices save template and it will add the series and series index to the title of the book.

They end up named like this: Serge Storms - 001 - Florida Roadkill

{series} {series_index:0>3s| - | - }{title}

Last edited by cynthia399; 01-03-2011 at 05:07 PM.
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
bjkel
Connoisseur
bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.bjkel shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Color, Kobo, Kindle Voyage, Kobo Forma
I've set different shelves for authors and series with my device. "Author Name" for authors with single titles. Then "Authors name: Series name" for authors with series and multiple series. A different shelf for each series.

Took awhile to set it up, it's all manual. But I figured once I've done it mostly I will be just adding books here and there. Had to add a number at the beginning of the titles for ebooks within a series in edit metadata in Calibre so the books would be listed in reading order.

It's not great at organizing, I see people suggesting just keeping a few books on the device and the rest on your pc in Calibre but that's no good for me, I re-read a lot and I never know what I'm going to want to re-read next.

Last edited by bjkel; 01-02-2011 at 03:09 AM.
bjkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #4
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindRayven01 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerthegirl View Post
I used Calibre to transfer my collection of books to my Nook Color, but when I go through the different ways to view my books none of them show the series information of the book(like which book in the series it is). Does it every show the series info or am I doing something wrong?
Calibre's series metadata is proprietary (the tags actually read "calibre:series_index" etc). Unfortunately when they came up with the epub spec they apparently didn't think series information was important enough to standardize in the metadata (but you wouldn't believe the amount of crap that did make it in).

What I do is have calibre export into author/series subdirectories and name the files "1 - Title, Series, Author", etc so they are easy to find via the library app in the folder structure, as well as by search.
Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote