Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #1
danrodney
All Around Nice Guy
danrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of itdanrodney has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: iPad, iPhone, Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire, Nook 1st Gen, Nook Color
nook fonts via CSS

Can you set a font (like Helvetica Neue) on paragraphs on the nook?

I have it working on an h1, but not the p tag. Any idea how to get it working on p tag? It might not be possible, but at least I'd like know.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
danrodney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
If you mean in an epub file, I do not think you can alter the font, at least on the regular nook. The color one may be different.

I do know you can alter the SIZE of the font used for such things as the h1 and h2 tags. I disliked the really large size on the h1 tag (which you must use in Sigil to get the TOC entries), so I adjusted the h1 and h2 font size using the css file:

h1{ font-size: 150% }
h2{ font-size: 125% }

Edit: I've been thinking about this some, and I think that even if you are able to specify a specific font (and I'm not sure you can), it may not be something you want to do. It kind of subverts the idea of letting the user pick whatever font they want on the reader. Even picking a specific size also subverts it. Using a relative size, as I did on the h1 and h2 tag, fits better with the philosophy.

Last edited by RAH; 12-21-2010 at 08:56 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fonts, helvetica neue, nook