Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-26-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
sthapit
sthapit began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
can't figure out how to delete old bookmarks

for some odd reason i can't figure out how to delete old bookmarks! i have many many pages of old bookmarks i will never use...
sthapit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You have to go to each page and click the "Mark" button again to remove them. I try to remove them as I go along, so that I only have one mark per book at any given time, except in a few specific cases.

In the situation it sounds like you're in, having a bunch of bookmarks, you might just try deleting the book from your Reader and reloading a 'clean' copy.

Hope one of those helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Have you tried going to the book you want to delete the bookmarks from and then from the "Book Main Menu" selecting the "Utilities" and then "Remove All Bookmarks"? This works for me.

I have not found a way to remove all bookmarks in all books at once.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 01:25 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, or you could do what BruceW said -- I'd forgotten that was there.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:52 PM   #5
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
I actually don't use bookmarks to keep my place. Since the reader remembers your current page, I don't bother.

I use bookmarks to track typos for (eventual) compilation into an email to send back to the publisher of the ebook. Then the Remove All Bookmarks works perfectly once I've documented a book's errors.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
Have you tried going to the book you want to delete the bookmarks from and then from the "Book Main Menu" selecting the "Utilities" and then "Remove All Bookmarks"? This works for me.
I don't use them either, but when I played around with it, what is written above does work........ it removes them all at once, poof.......... all gone.
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceW View Post
I have not found a way to remove all bookmarks in all books at once.
One way that I can think of would be to delete all your books from the Reader, and then put them all back again, but that's perhaps a little extreme!

Another way would be to do a "hard reset" of the Reader, but that again will wipe all your books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Code:
prs500 rm /Data/database/cache/media.xml
You will lose history as well.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
One way that I can think of would be to delete all your books from the Reader, and then put them all back again, but that's perhaps a little extreme!

Another way would be to do a "hard reset" of the Reader, but that again will wipe all your books.
OK I have my 20lb sledgehammer where is that finishing nail.
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
NatCh
Gizmologist

How many times do I have to tell you? The 20 pounder is for mosquitos!