Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
B&N Lied Again!!

I was happy to see an email moments ago stating that my nook has shipped. Then.....After checking the tracking number UPS shows 3 day select shipping!! Not the wonderful upgrade to overnight shipping I was supposed to receive and be so happy about when they missed the ship date last Monday. These guys are getting nothing right so far in the customer relations department.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
It's possible if it shipped 3 day today or last night you would get it Monday. It wouldn't have mattered if they shipped it overnight on the weekend you would still receive it Monday or Tuesday. Congrats on finally getting yours soon! Please let us know your first impressions.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #3
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
The three days quoted is 3 Business Days. I just had one of those from Newegg take 5 days with the weekend. Seems like the day shipped wasn't part of the 3 days either. Paulguy, too bad you didn't get the Overnight shipping as promised. Let us know what you think of the nook.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Out of curiosity, when did you order your nook? I ordered mine the day it was announced, and haven't gotten a shipping email. I'm jealous, at least yours is coming!
kezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:36 PM   #5
jeremy81
Enthusiast
jeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheesejeremy81 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire & Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvshihtzu View Post
The three days quoted is 3 Business Days. I just had one of those from Newegg take 5 days with the weekend. Seems like the day shipped wasn't part of the 3 days either. Paulguy, too bad you didn't get the Overnight shipping as promised. Let us know what you think of the nook.
I think it really depends on where you live. I usually get UPS Ground or 3 Day Select packages in two days or sometimes less.
jeremy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:31 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
anymore I find the UPS tracking website undependable, several packages I've received lately from various sources never did update on the website until after I received the package.
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
anymore I find the UPS tracking website undependable, several packages I've received lately from various sources never did update on the website until after I received the package.
When I got the 500 back from Sony after being upgraded to support ePub, the UPS website said it was due the next business day instead of the day it was actually due. I called and the person on the phone said it was scanned too late to be on the truck for that day. But it actually did show up the day it was supposed to. I have no idea how it managed to arrive when it wasn't supposed ot be on the truck.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #8
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
Out of curiosity, when did you order your nook? I ordered mine the day it was announced, and haven't gotten a shipping email. I'm jealous, at least yours is coming!
Placed my pre-order Oct. 20 at 2pm.
Will certainly report my first impressions, and will apologize to B&N if it turns out to be a mistake on UPS' side of the equation.

Last edited by PaulGuy; 12-06-2009 at 12:32 AM.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
nemix
nemix began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Got my tracking number too... Says next day air saver as the shipping type.

However, this time of year the UPS tracking site is very unreliable. They are delivering millions of packages all being updated over not that fast 2g data networks from the field, all having to compile in their operational database and then replicate over to the customer facing one that just gets pounded this time of year.

I'll update the board when the package arrrives with some pics and impressions.
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
Texan08
Texan08 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How about posting the tracking # so we can follow along with you, Since you seem to be the only one on these forums who has got one on the way. Mine was pre ordered on Oct. 22, still show not shipped, Keep us informed
Texan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
oh this is going to be fun!!! it was so much fun to read about everyone getting their Kindles with the international version shipped!!! time for sipping cocoa and reading everyones delight with their new toys!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #12
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Ah, yes. Reminds me of the XO-1 Give One, Get One...

I do hope it doesn't turn out like that for you 'new Nookies' - um, Newkies ?

Last edited by pholy; 12-06-2009 at 11:11 AM. Reason: type fixed for clarity
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #13
nemix
nemix began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan08 View Post
How about posting the tracking # so we can follow along with you, Since you seem to be the only one on these forums who has got one on the way. Mine was pre ordered on Oct. 22, still show not shipped, Keep us informed
Here's the generic tracking link

http://wwwapps.ups.com/ietracking/tr...TA=us&Lang=eng

It says shipping info received dec 5th (saturday) and this time of year UPS does do saturday pick ups. If it got on a truck saturday I may have it tomorrow. If not should be her Tuesday. We'll see. Either way I'll take some pics and try to answer any questions you guys have.
nemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #14
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemix View Post
Here's the generic tracking link

http://wwwapps.ups.com/ietracking/tr...TA=us&Lang=eng

It says shipping info received dec 5th (saturday) and this time of year UPS does do saturday pick ups. If it got on a truck saturday I may have it tomorrow. If not should be her Tuesday. We'll see. Either way I'll take some pics and try to answer any questions you guys have.
Great News!

My order was for the Dec 7th Ship date, and so far I have not heard anything about it being delayed.

One way or the other I should find out tomorrow.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #15
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
This whole mess is like watching monkeys trying to hump a football. Reading about all the snafus in communication is what is turning me off to the way B&N is handling this. It's only going to get worse with all the Christmas shipping that UPS, USPS, and FedEx are going to get in the next 3 weeks. I'll be genuinely surprised if folks get their Nooks by January 15th.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote