Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-10-2016, 02:10 AM   #1
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Accessing Serial port via wifi telnet sesssion

Hi Guys

I have been playing around with Kobos for quite a while and currently have one running xcsoar (a gliding program) which connects to a GPS / Barometer via a bluetooth module I installed on the internal serial port. I achieved this by setting up the BT module via a TTL / USB cable on my laptop then soldered it into the Kobo.

Whilst this has been working fine a firmware change in the GPS device means I need to at least re-pair the module and I am trying to find ways to reprogram it while still in the reader. I have telnet via the wifi interface to the system and need to access the serial port to send the AT commandes.

I think it should be possible to
Code:
echo 'at-command' /dev/ttymcx0
but there is no way to see if this is working or even if the lf/cr sequence is completing the command.

Is there a way to run a command line serial port program to do this from within the telnet session?

TIA
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:40 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Grab either of these:

https://www.busybox.net/downloads/bi...busybox-armv5l
https://www.busybox.net/downloads/bi...busybox-armv7l

Put it in one of the bin dirs, chmod +x, then

busybox-armv7l microcom <someoption?> /dev/ttymcx0

Can't test it myself since I don't have anything hooked to the serial lines.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Smile

Thanks. Just what I needed. The version of busybox I already had didn't have the microcom commandlet. All i had to do was create a txt file with the AT commands in it and invoke it thus:
Code:
/bin/busybox-armv71 microcom -t 3000 -s 9600 -X /dev/ttymxc0 <AT-cmd.txt
Now just need to put that into a script I can call from within the application......
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 04:05 PM   #4
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Where do you soldered the module?
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote