Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Version 2.2.5 is available now + tutorial on backing up and restoring Marvin

Hello everyone,

Version 2.2.5 is available now with new features, enhancements and fixes:
  • Native backup and restore.
  • Fixed: Full book search wasn't working in some books.
  • Fixed: In some cases, Marvin would stop animating page turns and other UI elements.
  • [iPhone] Fixed: Marvin remembers the last page of the "AA" menu. If the last page was the themes selector, Marvin dimmed the screen when opening "AA" a second time when it shouldn't.
  • Performance improvements.
  • Stability improvements.

Read all about the update here.

You can also find a tutorial on how native backups and restores work here.
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Thanks for all your work, Kris. I've been too busy using and reading to notice whats been going on... updates, sure... and then get on with reading without even pausing to find out exactly what was updated
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 PM   #3
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're welcome!
Old 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
I could have sworn the text size icons used to be in "small - BIG" order when adjusting text size...

And never realized this before, but the line and paragraph spacing and indent also have the icons in the 'wrong' order.

Not that I mind much but intuitively one expects the 'less' buttons on the left and the 'more' buttons on the right.

Just like with the Margins icons, these are the only ones (and the - = icons) which do follow this more natural order.

Now, like I said, I don't mind much which side is 'less' and which side is 'more', but I think for consistencies sake they should all be using the same order, whether this is 'less - more' or 'more - less' is debatable, but not mixed like it is now.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 10-22-2013 at 09:44 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know if you're still considering a vertical 'select' menu, and I also do not know if this is possible in epub's/webkit.

In a regular browser you have the ability to use the context when clicking/selecting something to determine whether or not an option should be made available or not.

Now, I see when you select an image, you get the same menu, where all actions are still active but none of these do anything, likely since the selection is an image.

I have seen so many e-readers in the last weeks that I honestly can't remember if Marvin used to open the image in a 'popup' or not, but popping a menu that does not have anything that will act on the image is kinda useless.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
kguil
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by At_Libitum View Post
I don't know if you're still considering a vertical 'select' menu, and I also do not know if this is possible in epub's/webkit.
It is hard but doable. It will take me a while though

Quote:
Now, I see when you select an image, you get the same menu, where all actions are still active but none of these do anything, likely since the selection is an image.
Yes, that's a bug. I'm looking at it.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:10 AM   #7
At_Libitum
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
It is hard but doable. It will take me a while though
No worries, thanks for considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguil View Post
Yes, that's a bug. I'm looking at it.
thanks for the confirmation
Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Quote:
I could have sworn the text size icons used to be in "small - BIG" order when adjusting text size...

And never realized this before, but the line and paragraph spacing and indent also have the icons in the 'wrong' order.

Not that I mind much but intuitively one expects the 'less' buttons on the left and the 'more' buttons on the right.

Just like with the Margins icons, these are the only ones (and the - = icons) which do follow this more natural order.

Now, like I said, I don't mind much which side is 'less' and which side is 'more', but I think for consistencies sake they should all be using the same order, whether this is 'less - more' or 'more - less' is debatable, but not mixed like it is now.
Yes as a new Marvin user I found this inconsistency a bit odd.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #9
kguil
Addict

At this point there are many, many people who are used to this arrangement. I feel that changing them now will cause more confusion.