Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #21601
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pride of Port on my cup. My co-worker has once again relabeled my teas for me. So it is now listed as Pride of East Lansing. It is a running joke. The first round of labels was done when I was on travel for work a year ago. I'll have to find my scan of those ones because they were flat out hilarious. Things like Liberal Tea, Kindle Tea with ver accurate descriptions.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:52 AM   #21602
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #21603
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
I am sure the forum is set t reduce the quality to save space. Post them to flikr or some other site, then you can link them with the [ IMG ] tags and not loose quality.
Good idea. I had been using Image Shack, but I got yelled at by the Mods... That's why I switched to attachments. [Mods: Cover your ears...] Maybe I'll try to sneak in one like that if it's a really worthy photo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thank you. You know what they say about the best things and small packages .
That's why I'm still married to her after 18 years.
She just told me that she's made reservations in a nice hotel for me for three days of seacoast photography at the end of the month. She has a conference to go to, and I'd be batching it at home otherwise. Nice lady!

And I can easily tell that I shouldn't drink two glasses of Blue.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:11 AM   #21604
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My wife and I just celebrated 4......months of wedded bliss a week ago. BUT, in 12 days we will celebrate 17 YEARS of being together <3.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 AM   #21605
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
My wife and I just celebrated 4......months of wedded bliss a week ago. BUT, in 12 days we will celebrate 17 YEARS of being together <3.
Wow! Commitment issues or just plain indecisiveness?
Congrats on your 4 months, though! May you have many, many more! Years, even!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #21606
Quake1028
Guru

Coca-Cola Zero.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 AM   #21607
Quake1028
Guru

No Stitch, very complicated but the years just got away from us for various reasons. We are high school sweethearts so we are both still relatively young (33 & 32), so we hopefully have many more decades together!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #21608
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Congrats!

And I thought my hubby was slow to propose. (winks)

Smart move waiting until you were ready to marry. There is a lot of growing and changing that happens in your 20's, no need to rush if you are comfortable with how you are living.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #21609
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Pride of Port on my cup. My co-worker has once again relabeled my teas for me. So it is now listed as Pride of East Lansing. It is a running joke. The first round of labels was done when I was on travel for work a year ago. I'll have to find my scan of those ones because they were flat out hilarious. Things like Liberal Tea, Kindle Tea with ver accurate descriptions.
Pretty funny. And Pride of East Lansing?! Then you must drink it with milk, surely.

Spoiler:
East Lansing is the home of Michigan State University, known to one and all Michiganders who are NOT students or alumnae of the school as "Moo U" or sometimes "Cow College" because it is the last of the Agricultural Land Grant Colleges in the state and still has an excellent Department of Agriculture and issues B.Sc in Agriculture degrees.

Anniversary Breakfast Blend in my cup.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:52 PM   #21610
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
How about a camera and lens like this setup -- where you need to hire an assistant just to hold the lens?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

(I hope that link works for people besides just me?)

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 10-16-2012 at 01:55 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 PM   #21611
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
How about a camera and lens like this setup -- where you need to hire an assistant just to hold the lens?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

(I hope that link works for people besides just me?)
It worked for me and that is one BIG lens.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #21612
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A bit of a change this afternoon. A pot of Peet's "Darjeeling Fancy Organic." Not bad. (This is a blend of second flush organic Darjeelings. Characteristic Darjeeling nose, and a bit smoother liquor than some second flush Darjeelings I've had. )
Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM   #21613
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Um ... what does "second flush" mean? I'm picturing a toilet, and I sure hope that's wrong!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:10 PM   #21614
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Second flush essentially is second harvest of the season. The leaves are less tender then the first flush. Most teas are third or fourth so you pay more for first and second flush.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #21615
CRussel
(he/him/his)

As ProfCrash says, it's the second picking of the season. First flush is the early spring picking and tends towards mild, even delicate, flavours and a lighter liquor. A delightful afternoon tea when you have time to sit and contemplate. Second flush is the second growth spurt, and produces a more full bodied tea with the full characteristic aroma of a Darjeeling and a rich and complex liquor. Later in the season will come harsher and less well-rounded pickings, though some properties do well with an autumn picking.

Most of what you get in the typical tea-bag "Darjeeling" is broken-leafed late season leaves. Strong, dark, and not nearly as complex or interesting as it should be. I personally find second-flush Darjeelings to be a good compromise between price and quality, especially when they come from good estates. First flush Darjeelings tend to be a bit light for my tastes much of the time, though when I'm feeling contemplative on a Saturday afternoon, they're perfectly appropriate.

India Blacks, in general, tend to be quite different from China blacks, though I often think that there's a certain similarity between a good Keemun and a good 2nd flush Darjeeling. They both have a strong nose and a well rounded flavour, though the Keemun is much earthier and less astringent.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?